2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ughhhh no Myko, no Godfrey...after seeing how well Townsend did in a wing back role, I think unfortunately the only option will be Coleman and Kenny at LB. If we go down it will be because of how our club has managed transfers with defenders.

I don't think we knew that for sure until just now, though.

The last I heard, it was an inconclusive test - which was enough to keep him out on Tuesday.

Presumably he's had a follow up that was positive.

Can you have an inconclusive test?

Also worth pointing out that whoever comes in at LB will be up against Raphinha :eek:
To be fair though, this isn’t a terrible matchup for a right footed full back so shifting over a RB could be ok. The downside of moving one of the right backs over is it limits them going forward in terms of crossing but for this game it makes sense that whoever plays LB sticks to defensive duties and then aim for joy down the other side.

Everton.

Sell our one and only left back to a rival because he fell out with a manager nobody wanted.

Replace him with a total unknown quantity from Eastern Europe to become our only left back in our relegation fight.

A week later, the manager is fired.

Our new left back gets covid and we are forced to play 58-year-old Seamus Coleman or League two Jonjoe Kenny there, both who don't possess a left foot, because we are utterly clueless at forward planning.

Everton.

Sell our one and only left back to a rival because he fell out with a manager nobody wanted.

Replace him with a total unknown quantity from Eastern Europe to become our only left back in our relegation fight.

A week later, the manager is fired.

Our new left back gets covid and we are forced to play 58-year-old Seamus Coleman or League two Jonjoe Kenny there, both who don't possess a left foot, because we are utterly clueless at forward planning.
You forget the loaning our back-up left back out at the start of the season too...

To be fair though, this isn’t a terrible matchup for a right footed full back so shifting over a RB could be ok. The downside of moving one of the right backs over is it limits them going forward in terms of crossing but for this game it makes sense that whoever plays LB sticks to defensive duties and then aim for joy down the other side.
Having a right footer LB might not be the worst as he likes to cut insideb
Good points. I’m more worried about the speed factor than anything else. Godfrey is actually a good matchup for him if he’d been available. I wonder if Holgate would slide over to LB in a similar role - he’s done it before and it would allow Branthwaite to come in. It’s a dire option but might be the best one for Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.