Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve resigned myself to us going down. This team have absolutely no fight in them and they don’t give a toss.

When it suits them they have. They've spent all week since Leeds patting themselves on the back with a job well done, Southampton will be easy etc

Didn't have the stomach for another scrap today. They'll do all the usual bull rallying calls again and probably miraculously put in a world beating performance against City.

As a collective they're a disgrace to this football club.

I’ve resigned myself to us going down. This team have absolutely no fight in them and they don’t give a toss.
They don't have no fight. They pick and choose when to show fight. Thats generally only when they are at home in front of a pumped up crowd.

They are fragile and lack desire. Thats why the away form is abysmal and was only good in fake football played in empty stadiums.

Relegation - the positives:

- Gordon, Patterson and Godfrey have the potential to be the outstanding players in the Championship
- The squad will have a massive overhaul in the summer
- Lampard has Championship experience and has an idea of the style of football we need to play
- New places to visit
- No biannual derby embarrassments
- Away from the corporate cesspit of the Premier League
Absolutely no positive’s, if the players haven’t got the fight to stay in the Premier League, they certainly won’t have the fight to get out of what is always a decent league. Never mind any other games, I think City and Tottenham are must win games before we run out of games

They don't have no fight. They pick and choose when to show fight. Thats generally only when they are at home in front of a pumped up crowd.

They are fragile and lack desire. Thats why the away form is abysmal and was only good in fake football played in empty stadiums.

A decent home record is enough to have you in mid table though.

It's when results are bad home and away you get dragged into a dogfight. If we keep up good home performances we'll move up the table, not down.

A decent home record is enough to have you in mid table though.

It's when results are bad home and away you get dragged into a dogfight. If we keep up good home performances we'll move up the table, not down.
I would agree with this but the home record ain’t that rosy

I mean you could be right and we could go down but so could anyone in the bottom 8 teams from 13th down.

For perspective we haven't even been in the relegation zone yet this season and I think even with a loss next game we wont be either.

We've been horrible under Benitez and undrilled, it'll probably take Lampard a few more weeks to get us sorted as expected. If you call 40 the magic number of survival then the boss only needs to grind out 1.2 points per game with this lot and looking at the table we could probably stay up on less.

I'm not burying my head either it's been our worst start to a season since we got relegated last and we stuck with Benitez way too long hence why we're here but perspective is needed also.

I think Burnley, Norwich and Leeds will go down. All three of those will struggle to get to 30 points.

We'll stay up on about 35 points. It's going to be painful but our home fixtures should see us safe.

If everyone could stop veering from thinking we’re wonderful to saying every player’s a disgrace who needs selling on a weekly basis it would be great. We’re not going to suddenly flick a switch and surge up the table, stop being daft enough to believe every good result is a magic bullet that cures all our problems. We’re still rubbish, this is going to be a really tough couple of months and we’re going to lose a lot, we just have to hope we can pick up enough wins to see it through.

I mean you could be right and we could go down but so could anyone in the bottom 8 teams from 13th down.

For perspective we haven't even been in the relegation zone yet this season and I think even with a loss next game we wont be either.

We've been horrible under Benitez and undrilled, it'll probably take Lampard a few more weeks to get us sorted as expected. If you call 40 the magic number of survival then the boss only needs to grind out 1.2 points per game with this lot and looking at the table we could probably stay up on less.

I'm not burying my head either it's been our worst start to a season since we got relegated last and we stuck with Benitez way too long hence why we're here but perspective is needed also.

This doesn’t mean anything, if we only enter the relegation zone at 4:55pm on day 38 then we’re down. The only reason we’re not in it now is because we had a good first 4 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.