Russia / Everton

Are we in trouble?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two wrongs don't make a right though. It's up to us to put our own house in order before we cast eyes elsewhere and I for one have never been happy to have our club bankrolled by money that has basically been stolen from the Russian people.

If this all (hopefully) dies down, I'd like to see serious pressure in the aftermath for Moshiri and Usmanov to take their money and [Poor language removed] off elsewhere with it. If that means no BMD and certain relegation then so be it.

Two wrongs dont make a right basically just means ignore things that are inconvenient.

If football wants to clean up, fine. I am supportive of that process. It doesnt begin or end with Russian sponsorship though.

Let's have it right: we're finished if Usmanov is forced out.
I think finished is pretty strong wording, it makes it all sound all very final
I do believe it will hamper what dreams we had of a new stadium, and the progression of a squad that may challenge for CL place

All I know is that as a club, we will always be her and I believe in the Prem

BUT…..we could see tough times ahead

Nymzee knows my form for starting crap threads that get no responses so I don’t blame him for that comment, it was fair.

I think finished is pretty strong wording, it makes it all sound all very final
I do believe it will hamper what dreams we had of a new stadium, and the progression of a squad that may challenge for CL place

All I know is that as a club, we will always be her and I believe in the Prem

BUT…..we could see tough times ahead
yeah this is how I see it - we need to remember the only "official" money coming in is sponsorship, and while there have been a couple of dodgy deals where things have been inflated above normal rates, there will be other sponsors for a club of our size at normal rates, providing we stay up of course.

If he bankrolls Moshiri that's the stadium obviously in trouble , and yes we might need to sell a couple of players but with FFP it means we surely aren't in danger of the lights going out or anything like that. We just need to spend within our means and be shrewd with signings, which we've done before. Spending like we're a Champions League club hasn't exactly got us there anyway...

yeah this is how I see it - we need to remember the only "official" money coming in is sponsorship, and while there have been a couple of dodgy deals where things have been inflated above normal rates, there will be other sponsors for a club of our size at normal rates, providing we stay up of course.

If he bankrolls Moshiri that's the stadium obviously in trouble , and yes we might need to sell a couple of players but with FFP it means we surely aren't in danger of the lights going out or anything like that. We just need to spend within our means and be shrewd with signings, which we've done before. Spending like we're a Champions League club hasn't exactly got us there anyway...
Moshiri is Usmanov's proxy.

This club is finished if the UK politicians sanction Usmanov.

Status
Not open for further replies.