Russia / Everton

Are we in trouble?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshiri is Usmanov's proxy.

This club is finished if the UK politicians sanction Usmanov.
But isn't there a point where FFP kicks in - how much is Moshiri actually able to put in on top of our TV money/prize money/player sales income? Are we being propped up to that extent? Obviously we can't buy players this summer, I think that's probably not far off guaranteed now, but we've been there before. Maybe a few FFP issues IF we don't make the money back on a DCL/Richarlison sale.

Or are you thinking politically they're going to screw us to make a point?

But isn't there a point where FFP kicks in - how much is Moshiri actually able to put in on top of our TV money/prize money/player sales income? Are we being propped up to that extent? Obviously we can't buy players this summer, I think that's probably not far off guaranteed now, but we've been there before. Maybe a few FFP issues IF we don't make the money back on a DCL/Richarlison sale.

Or are you thinking politically they're going to screw us to make a point?
FFP doesn't cover infrastructure improvements like a new stadium.

Without that new facility we'll be finished.

Telephone and Fax according to the Americans.
On a serious note, this is true (and includes telex if anyone still has a machine), if the companies aren't sanctioned, funds can still be exchanged but its slow time stuff so may not affect the stadium payments as these can be planned factoring in the delay in payments. It will (and is) massively affect the real time Russian banking system that cant work on slow time transactions these days. I don't think Vlad the Bad was expecting this kind of conjoined response from the rest of the world.

Aaah I get you- thought you meant immediately finished!

I’m agreeing with Davebot here.

I think a combination of us being relegated, and then the funding being pulled in various ways from the stadium project and / or owner issues, and we’ll be a very sad story indeed.

I don’t think we’ll be “finished” permanently, there will always be an Everton, you can’t kill it. But things would be very different and a lot worse, which I think is what He means.

Bet Kenwright is crapping his kecks at this unfolding.

Thankfully I imagine things will simmer down in Ukraine in the coming days.

Cant see Russia lasting much further with these sanctions on the banks etc.
Given the way the EU has responded so decisively, one wonders if there will be quite the same appetite from Johnson's Brexit loons for an all-out trade war with the 27... But I digress.

Thankfully I imagine things will simmer down in Ukraine in the coming days.

Cant see Russia lasting much further with these sanctions on the banks etc.

That would be great news, but I think either Putin has lost his mind or he is going all in.

This will be probably seriously be the biggest ever u-turn in history if he backs down now.

Status
Not open for further replies.