2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has only been here a couple of months and in that time he’s had Covid and now his country has been invaded and his family are there. He must be worried sick about them. I think anyone would struggle to do their job to a reasonable degree with all that going on.
He felt up to the game and wanted the captaincy.

He should be judged on his performances. It's not lacking understanding to say that. No way would FL hand him a starting spot if his head wasn't right for it.

He's finding attacking AND defending a problem. That's what it looks like to me.

Looks quite average so far but there are many mitigating factors including war in his home land, probably unfair to judge him until next season. It's mad he is our only left back though and there are very few Ukrainians who have been successful in this league.

I think it's a bit soon to judge him. He's a young lad in a new country playing for a new club and is not fluent in English. Then take into account that his homeland has been invaded and his family are still there, it must be a very tough time for the lad. He hasn't looked too bad all things considered, but, I would have to say he hasn't looked too good either.

I think we will not be able to properly judge if he is good enough until next season. I just hope that we are judging whether he is good enough for the Prem, rather than the. Championship.

He should be judged on his performances. It's not lacking understanding to say that. No way would FL hand him a starting spot if his head wasn't right for it.

He's finding attacking AND defending a problem. That's what it looks like to me.

Hang on how has your opinion flipped on its head this much from one game??

I think in the games I’ve seen of him so far he’s looked ok, not great like but ok. I think any judgements of him should be reserved for now, god knows what he must be going through. On top of that new country, new language etc aswell. I don’t think he’ll be Baines or Cole level but should be dependable full back.

He may have felt up to playing and fair play for not hiding away for which he couldn’t be blamed for. It’s not right to judge him at the moment though, he might not be up to being anywhere near the same level as Baines or even Digne but to make a judgment on him now with everything that is going on in his life seems shortsighted to me

He may have felt up to playing and fair play for not hiding away for which he couldn’t be blamed for. It’s not right to judge him at the moment though, he might not be up to being anywhere near the same level as Baines or even Digne but to make a judgment on him now with everything that is going on in his life seems shortsighted to me

Of course. It's way too early. Hels a Ukranian international so must have a chance at making it in the PL - it just takes different qualities than he has right now. His stamina will need working on because that task of getting up and down the line isn't going to change.

Hang on how has your opinion flipped on its head this much from one game??
It hasn't. I've said I thought he did well for the first 2 games.

Is it not allowed to say that he hasn't developed from then?

Do you have to be hide-bound to an initial observation about a player in your world?

It hasn't. I've said I thought he did well for the first 2 games.

Is it not allowed to say that he hasn't developed from then?

Do you have to be hide-bound to an initial observation about a player in your world?

What did he do in the first two games that impressed you so much? Personally thought he looked a lot more comfortable last night than he did at any point in those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.