2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I look back on this I don’t know whether to laugh, cry, or be really angry!
E8D2C952-8489-42B7-A013-F1A64A60BD49.jpeg

It’s turned from criticism of an Everton player into outright bullying from cowards who want to make themselves better at putting a decent human down. A shame but it brings me comfort of the inner turmoil and insecurity this psychological slugs must endure daily to make them hate in this way.
Well said, valid criticism is one thing, this is ugly, very ugly.

Part of me can see him playing today. Letting him have the chance to bounce back.

I’m not sure who I’d prefer to play alongside Godfrey tbh. Keane or Holgate.

All considered, perhaps the kindest thing would be for Lampard to take him out the team.

I'd personally go Keane before Holgate, but when you consider this;

Lampard definitely shouldn't be playing him when he's ill.

Part of me can see him playing today. Letting him have the chance to bounce back.

I’m not sure who I’d prefer to play alongside Godfrey tbh. Keane or Holgate.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Godfrey left back, if fit enough to start. Tricky one to predict today.

I don't think he'll play today. He is not a player that I'd point at for lack of effort and doesn't go out to fail or disappoint on the pitch.

On a broader level, he appears to be the most mentally fragile in a team full of fragility. You can see it in his face.

He should not be in the team primarily for that reason. I can also understand the frustration of fans towards him though, and it's also been pointed at most of the others. He has not been singled-out. It's an emotional reaction from fans at a time of high stress and those emotions run deep.

The modern disconnect between fans and footballers is another factor when you see individual millionaires being error-prone and apparently flapping about.

If he has been playing through any sort of impactful problem causing anxiety and his concentration/performance to suffer then he should not have been, regardless of the injury situation.

If it's not that specifically, then his performances simply categorise into incompetence and he should equally be benched.

He's underwhelmed but anyone thinking he is the reason Everton have been underwhelming for the best part of 33 years is irrational and deluded.

The club is rancid from top to bottom. Keane's struggles are perhaps symbolic of our plight but he's only one player.

literally not a single person on planet earth has said that?

he IS however a massive reason why we cannot win at the moment.

literally not a single person on planet earth has said that?

he IS however a massive reason why we cannot win at the moment.
Youre right. Reading it back, I didn't quite nail what I wanted to say. I meant more about those implying it's a player or any performance or moment this season.

Relegation and decline has been happening for decades. It's short sighted to put the blame on this season

Status
Not open for further replies.