2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he'll play today. He is not a player that I'd point at for lack of effort and doesn't go out to fail or disappoint on the pitch.

On a broader level, he appears to be the most mentally fragile in a team full of fragility. You can see it in his face.

He should not be in the team primarily for that reason. I can also understand the frustration of fans towards him though, and it's also been pointed at most of the others. He has not been singled-out. It's an emotional reaction from fans at a time of high stress and those emotions run deep.

The modern disconnect between fans and footballers is another factor when you see individual millionaires being error-prone and apparently flapping about.

If he has been playing through any sort of impactful problem causing anxiety and his concentration/performance to suffer then he should not have been, regardless of the injury situation.

If it's not that specifically, then his performances simply categorise into incompetence and he should equally be benched.
Mate, I am inclined to be more concerned about him than critical. However, while he is in a seriously negative mood he really should not be starting. We need dogs of war.

I think Michael should be taken out of the team for his OWN sake as much as ours he clearly suffers with his confidence being fragile and we really need really strong personality’s like Ben Godfrey in every walk of Life things are better when you have confidence so Frank should realise this as a manager, like the late great Howard Kendall would

He's better than Godfrey and Holgate

How does Coady get a free header? Oh wait.... we played two of the worst defenders in the air in the premier league.
Totally agree. Keane’s got lots weaknesses but he’s actually operated at premier league level as a centre back. Holgate and the massively overrated Godfrey aren’t centre backs, they’re liabilities. They’re both so poor in the air, they can’t be played together.

Keane is rubbish. Holgate is rubbish. He will probably come back in on Thursday with Godfrey moved to left back - and in all likelihood they will both be rubbish and Chris Wood will bully them.

He's better than Godfrey and Holgate

How does Coady get a free header? Oh wait.... we played two of the worst defenders in the air in the premier league.
When they came up for corners, the Wolves centre backs were both a good head taller than ours. Keane, even though I don't rate him, and Mina, if ever fit, are the most natural choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.