Match Thread Everton vs Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton MOTM vs Newcastle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't watch as Hesgoal have pulled the plug on Prem Matches so will wait till full time, I've got the film Rita, Sue and Bob too to watch while it's on as a film about grim Northern life, under age sex and adultery will prepare me for full time result.

I'll check the result afterwards, I can't do with the disappointment and frustration whilst the game is ongoing. It's a car crash in very slow motion, death by a thousand cuts.

Kinda ironic that two games, roughly 6 weeks apart between 2 sides represent the same thing on both occasions. One team needing to win otherwise their status is under threat. Newcastle playing us last time, if they had lost despite the investment would have crippled them morally.

So we have to win. If we don't then we are down. It's as simple as that, 16 defeats in 20 games would be suicidal and it would prove this week that even the home fans don't make a difference to this team. If ability fails them and support means nothing then they are going down.

I want us to win ugly. I don't want a 90 minute fight from these players because clearly they don't care enough to do it every week. I want us to win ugly, be a crap game and come away with 3 points. That way many fans won't get their hopes up that performances once a month represent this side.

But 3 points is essential.

Expect the worst and anything else is a bonus.

If we don’t get a result tonight I think we are done for. If we don’t see any urgency or at least a performance to show they give a toss then we are definitely done for.

Had a coffee on Hope St this morning. Their coaches are outside the Hope Street Hotel. Strange of them to stay the night before an evening game?
They looked like the game was to be a canter: Everton win this one as Newcastle won't turn up.

Not all doom and gloom yet, if we finally fight for it and get the system right tonight then that's the template for the run in, plenty of points to scrap for, things van change very quickly down there....look at newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.