New Everton Stadium Discussion

Have you been talking to @ForeverBlue92 ?
Because he's displayed the same level of utter delusion in recent weeks.
Peace talks today in Turkey. Russia know full well this has turned into a disaster for them. They are already talking about focusing on just the East of the Ukraine as they realise they cannot conquer the entire country. The Ukrainian army has already taken back some territory.

Meanwhile, the Russians have defaulted on their debts, their economy is in freefall, the sanctions are only now starting to bite and who is to blame ?....Putin.

This is not going to end well for him.

Peace talks today in Turkey. Russia know full well this has turned into a disaster for them. They are already talking about focusing on just the East of the Ukraine as they realise they cannot conquer the entire country. The Ukrainian army has already taken back some territory.

Meanwhile, the Russians have defaulted on their debts, their economy is in freefall, the sanctions are only now starting to bite and who is to blame ?....Putin.

This is not going to end well for him.

My thoughts exactly - the conflict is untenable and I imagine Ukraine/Russia will reach some kind of "peace agreement" in which sanctions will no longer be utilised by the West.

In 6-12 months time USM will be back at Goodison imo (unless Mosh Man gets bored and wants out of the club).

Last edited:

Well, there's an opinion that's not worth a carrot !!!
You are deluded

If the UK stopped sanctioning Usmanov why would the club not utilise them again when we are desperate for cash?

The UK government are awash with Russian dough as is London and Liverpool.

Naive to believe Russia/Russian businesses will be pariahs for generations to come imo.

Soon as a ceasefire happens Boris will be welcoming that oil money back faster than a rat up a drain pipe mate!

If the UK stopped sanctioning Usmanov why would the club not utilise them again when we are desperate for cash?

The UK government are awash with Russian dough as is London and Liverpool.

Naive to believe Russia/Russian businesses will be pariahs for generations to come imo.

Soon as a ceasefire happens Boris will be welcoming that oil money back faster than a rat up a drain pipe mate!
I'm done discussing this with you pal.
My final line is that you are off your cake if you think any football club will 'welcome' Russian investment anytime soon on the back of the 'special military operation' in Ukraine and especially when the likes of Usmanov are known confidantes of Putin.

But, you carry on in your parallel universe if you like.

My final line is that you are off your cake if you think any football club will 'welcome' Russian investment anytime soon on the back of the 'special military operation' in Ukraine and especially when the likes of Usmanov are known confidantes of Putin.

...actually Truss has indicated that there's very much a quick way back for the sanctioned....which astounded me, but I suppose the Tories being the Tories and completely in bed with oligarchs who bankroll them it shouldn't be that surprising.

...actually Truss has indicated that there's very much a quick way back for the sanctioned....which astounded me, but I suppose the Tories being the Tories and completely in bed with oligarchs who bankroll them it shouldn't be that surprising.
There will be ways and means to open the cash floodgates again.
This government are shameless and the first sign of an opportunity to open a few loopholes to obtain more Russian cash, they’ll be on it like a slag on the length.

I do get where you're coming from mate but my point is look at who owns Newcastle.

An investment vechicle of a government that bombs Yemen, starves Yemeni children, stones gay people to death, treats women like 2nd class citizens and were implicated in the gruesome murder of an opposition journalist.

Yet the Government welcomes them with open arms because they are a trade partner.

It's all politics mate.

There will be ways and means to open the cash floodgates again.
This government are shameless and the first sign of an opportunity to open a few loopholes to obtain more Russian cash, they’ll be on it like a slag on the length.
When the 24 hour rabid news cycle turns in the coming few weeks and months to other matters in the wake of Russia withdrawing from all but the Donbas, it'll be back to business as usual.

People are getting played big time by all the Ukrainian stuff. The oligarchs are even now being set up as facilitators for peace talks. The march back to *respectability* for them begins....yes, it's that cynical. Anyone not realising that are supremely naive.

Abramovich seems key for the peace negotiation, maybe the Oligarchs can have their positive uses after all.

Great drone footage today, would like to see how the hydraulic tower is coming along in more detail either through the club videos or more drone footage.
It has to be dismantled brick by brick IIRC for heritage reasons and then all put back. That will take time.