Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must be younger than me. Weve got out of worse scrapes than this.
That is probably when we had players that cared and put some effort and fight in to be fair, Wolves home was a great chance to win with them only playing a few days earlier, all this we need to win 3 stuff etc does not look good when we find it hard to win any game pretty much every game, making error after error like last night has just been happening nearly every week and its proved costly defo v Man City and Burnley were the errors were similar

Titanic effort required to avoid going down..
This summers transfer window

(HiFiGIF.cc)_the-sinking-of-the-rms-titanic-small.gif

It's not nailed on yet - but you have to say its a distinct possiblity.
When...if(?) we do stay up it will be a welcome, if slightly unexpected bonus

My main worry about relegation isn't having to play the likes of Luton, Rotherham and Huddersfield for a season. This team will continue to make us angry and be pathetic next year if we stay up. I actually wouldn't mind going down if it provided us an opportunity to a complete reset. Ditch the lazy overpaid primadonnas (Richy aside), and build around the plenty of young talented players we have.

Patterson, Godfrey, Branthwaite, Welsh, Nkounkou, Price, Warrington, Onyango, Dobbin, Simms, Gordon etc.

The thing I fear is the catastrophic financial consequences of going down given our financial situation and the potential impact on the stadium - which we can't afford not to build and surely can't afford to build if we go down.
This. I will find it much easier watching use in the championship if that is the bulk of the starting 11. Hungry, young players who want to play and win. Not like the pathetic effort we’ve endured for the last couple of years.
There is still a gulf between bottom of Prem teams and top of championship. In recent years teams who have gone down have either come straight back up or been in the mix. It’s been a while since someone’s done a Sunderland and dropped 2 leagues in 2 years.

This. I will find it much easier watching use in the championship if that is the bulk of the starting 11. Hungry, young players who want to play and win. Not like the pathetic effort we’ve endured for the last couple of years.
There is still a gulf between bottom of Prem teams and top of championship. In recent years teams who have gone down have either come straight back up or been in the mix. It’s been a while since someone’s done a Sunderland and dropped 2 leagues in 2 years.
We mightn’t drop 2 leagues, but I don’t see us coming straight back up, either. Not based on current performances.

Our so-called “best players” will be off, and even our crap ones are on high wages, very high for a championship team. Coupled with the financial mess we’re already in, I don’t see us bringing in a lot of fresh faces.

Burnley hadn’t scored a goal for about 5 games and we conceded 3 to them last night and needed 2 penalties to ever look likely to get anything. I can tell you now, there will be teams in the championship who are better than that Burnley team.

My main worry about relegation isn't having to play the likes of Luton, Rotherham and Huddersfield for a season. This team will continue to make us angry and be pathetic next year if we stay up. I actually wouldn't mind going down if it provided us an opportunity to a complete reset. Ditch the lazy overpaid primadonnas (Richy aside), and build around the plenty of young talented players we have.

Patterson, Godfrey, Branthwaite, Welsh, Nkounkou, Price, Warrington, Onyango, Dobbin, Simms, Gordon etc.

The thing I fear is the catastrophic financial consequences of going down given our financial situation and the potential impact on the stadium - which we can't afford not to build and surely can't afford to build if we go down.
Unsure as to why he gets a free pass, can't fault his effort and care for the club but ultimately he isn't good enough, lacks quality where he needs it i.e. the final pass, the timing of a shot, the accuracy of shooting. How many times did he balloon a cross over the top of DCL last night? 3,4 probably 5 times, even if they were good balls, wouldn't have mattered as DCL was a scarecrow didnt' move at all but Richarlison isn't as good as people make him out to be, just the reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.