2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just the 3 or 4 seasons of decline under 4 different managers before we got hoodwinked for him.

June 2019 he last played for England.

2019/2020 season he still racked up 8 goals and 4 assists in the premier league within 1800mins. Those are great stats dor about 20 games.

So 2020/21 and this season he's fallen off.

Just 2 seasons...i think and i hope Lampard has a plan for him next season. My guess is that we need a defensive midfielder in the squad before he has some freedom.

He may turn things around, but up until now, I’ve never been more disappointed with an Everton signing. He’s gone from English national team wonder kid, to fourth choice sub in a relegation threatened club.
Maybe he can recreate his prior form…maybe not. It’s all mental. I don’t think whoever the manager is will make a difference.

Levi is no mug when it comes to transfers, on the face of things we don't pay anything until he makes 20 appearances - FFP and all well considered so perhaps a premium on the fee. In theory we could sell him and make a 100% transfer profit in the summer, but there is no way that will happen. Levy would have had some sort of sell on clause to protect the asset. Moshiri would have given some sort of assurances either written or verbal that he wouldn't shaft Levy, he would have to act honorably or his rep would be in tatters and an enemy made. The best case scenario, apart from him coming good, is that we do sell him for a 100% profit and Moshri pays off the books in some unassociated business deal; but that would be very shonky and not risk free.

So going forward we should just put potentially game changing players we aquire in January in a cocoon until next season?

Not all of them at all, that's a big generalisation. It's obvious Iwobi offers more in a relegation scrap than Dele does right now and there's nothing wrong with that. When our back line is more competent and we can play a higher backline then we can accommodate Dele in the #10 role and see if he's up to it, at the moment he's not the man for the team, just like Patterson wasn't before the ankle surgery.

With Alli I think the issue is there is not really a space for him in the team atm, when we have had midfielders missing we needed defensive midfielders, so Holgate playing in there for example was a sensible choice instead of Alli, Alli I see as a number 10 we don’t really play with one of those so that’s why I think he isn’t player. We haven’t pulled away enough to give some player we supposedly trust more a rest so that is why I think Alli hasn’t played, I fully expect him to feature if we pull away more.

Levi is no mug when it comes to transfers
That’s a myth.
I would say Spurs are probably only second to us in the ‘wasted huge amounts of money on absolute crap’ league.
Look at when they reinvested their Bale money which was supposed to turn them into a real force.
Here is a list of their most expensive signings: Ndombele, Soldado, Lo Celso, Sanchez, Bergwijn, Sissoko, Lamela.
The only thing Levy does do is refuses to sell his number one player for less than their value, so he got good money for Bale and Modric and hasn’t found anyone who’ll meet Kane’s fee. Was that actually a good thing though? Kane was awful for the first half of this season because he wanted to leave, maybe it’s worked out now overall tbf but you do wonder if accepting whatever crazy sum city offered might’ve made their season better?

Now even if we do think Levy is good at his transfer dealings you’re missing the point of the Dele deal. They needed him off their books because of his astronomical wage for FFP to allow them to buy Kulusevski and nobody wanted to buy Dele. Us taking him for no fee and maybe not even a future fee was a good deal for spurs because it freed up their money to sign the player they wanted rather than keep Dele who Conte didn’t rate.

people want to bring him on as sub, but if we are going to paying for him on a performance basis surely it makes sence for him to be fit and sharp and able to make a difference.
A preseason and a fresh start in august and we may have a bargain or chance to dispose without paying anything other than wages

Status
Not open for further replies.