2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he could do a better job than Iwobi.

Do not give in to peer pressure.

Alex Iwobi is a rubbish player who people have elevated based on him running a bit for 1 game, totally ignoring his whole career when he has looked nothing but utterly rubbish.
I just think if we wanna see Dele play some football for us that Iwobi's position *not role* is where could he slot in without Lampard having to really change the formation again. No chance Iwobi deserves to be dropped tho.

Replace a player who never stops running with a player who won’t run? I don’t know if that will be as smooth a transition as you think.

Whatever we may all think of Iwobi, he has had every good run under Lampard, and looks a better player centrally. It's up to Alli to dislodge him, but presently I wouldnt be dropping Iwobi. I really wonder about Alli as a 9 ahead of bringing him in for Iwobi to be honest.

Whatever we may all think of Iwobi, he has had every good run under Lampard, and looks a better player centrally. It's up to Alli to dislodge him, but presently I wouldnt be dropping Iwobi. I really wonder about Alli as a 9 ahead of bringing him in for Iwobi to be honest.

I’ve mocked Iwobi a lot but he deserves a starting spot right now.

I would be giving him time. Dele Alli is not the reason we’re a mess, the urge to write him off is weird.
He just fits the bill of our entire mosh transfer strategy. Over paid, over hyped name bigger than the player. Failing at a big club then off to everton to continue that form while on a comfy contract.

Shouldn't be blaming Ali but he seems to fit the bill of an era we want over.

Is he useful?

If yes, play him.

It’s just so hard to answer that question as based on previous form he is extremely useful but the lack of game time suggests he doesn’t have it anymore or is struggling to get it back to anything close to those levels just now

We don't have ANY mobile DMs. If Dele needs two of them behind to play in a midfield three then I'd respectfully suggest that this is de facto evidence that he's not currently a viable option in midfield.
Yeah who knows his level I am saying if we intend to use him next season, we would need two mobile DMs and he would need to actually regain some form

It’s just so hard to answer that question as based on previous form he is extremely useful but the lack of game time suggests he doesn’t have it anymore or is struggling to get it back to anything close to those levels just now
Maybe he has a minimum appearance fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.