2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think playing a not totally match fit DCL with a not totally match fit Dele would be suicide when we are getting wins by working our arse off at home.

I think Dele will be great either next season or if we can be safe with a couple games to go but he’s not what you need in a relegation battle when the players are terrified and need to overcome their errors with total effort and commitment.

Dom has been a passenger most of the last few games and we can’t have two of them! With a confident team, pressure off, Dele could be great for us.

No idea mate, im baffled by it.

I saw a post a while back saying the lads lost the love of the game, and that was it.

I didn’t really get it but I think I’m starting to understand. You’re financially sound, you’ve got other plans, and are just seeing it out the last 4/5 years of your career because it’s all you know, but you can’t be arsed. Maybe that’s it?

Sad really. He pretty much had free roam to get on the pitch and enjoy chasing some mayhem with his creativity and entertaining the goodison faithful. I hope I’m wrong. Massive shame if he disappears to nowhere..

So what do you reckon is up??

It’s me here lads, just interested in your views. I’m a bit confused by the lack of feature to be fair.

I think he would play more if we could play a higher backline, squeezing the gap between defence and attack so he had less running and more people to bring into the game in the final third. Because players like Keane and Holgate are absolutely horrific we have had to sit deeper, employ Iwobi in that 10 position instead to basically run his arse off and cover the space that would allow the opposition to press higher.

If we can sort the backline out, we will see more of Dele, that's my view of the tactical setup anyway, there might be other things going on at training or off the pitch but I think this is what the go is.

I think playing a not totally match fit DCL with a not totally match fit Dele would be suicide when we are getting wins by working our arse off at home.

I think Dele will be great either next season or if we can be safe with a couple games to go but he’s not what you need in a relegation battle when the players are terrified and need to overcome their errors with total effort and commitment.

Dom has been a passenger most of the last few games and we can’t have two of them! With a confident team, pressure off, Dele could be great for us.

I would personally drop DCL and play Dele in a false 9 and see how that goes.

3.5 years is not that long ago. He was a 100m player.

COVID, Jose, robbed at knife point in my own home is quite enough to mess anyone up.

Hell jose is enough to mess somebody up.

The ball to Rondon alone shows he’s still got it.

If we can survive this and shuffle out the crap, I’d like to see us build a team around this guy.

Just my opinion. I always thought he was class.

COVID, Jose, robbed at knife point in my own home is quite enough to mess anyone up.

If we can survive this and shuffle out the crap, I’d like to see us build a team around this guy.

I have a feeling ( If we can survive this and shuffle out the crap, I’d like to see us build a team around this guy.) that could have always been the plan.

2019-2020 he was decent...so 2 years ago.

If Alli stays around I expect him to feature next season, atm it’s about grinding out results and I can’t really see where Alli would even fit into this team. If he waits his time I’m sure he will get game time.

Next season will be about grinding out results too. We have no money, half decent players will be leaving anyway and we’ll require a total rebuild. We’re not going to turn into a good side over the course of the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back