Match Thread Liverpool v Everton : Sunday 24th April 2022 : Kick Off 4.30pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get cut open by them through good quality play then fine I can life with that.

If we get done by a set piece, dodgy VAR call, or Coleman or Keane cocking up then that’s so much more annoying.

I firmly believe we can keep them out if we just defend diligently for 95 minutes. It’s our lapses in concentration that often screw us. If we could get to 50 minutes without conceding then watch the pressure ramp up on them. Equally there’s no reason we can’t take chances at the other end, they give them away almost every game.

Based on the last seven day's football, we are currently the worst team in the division and they are the best, this by any other metric should mean an absolute mauling for us on Sunday. Yes its a derby and anything can happen, but apart from last season when they were in a rut themselves, how many times in the last decade have we actually made that statement come true? The term 'yes its a derby and yes Everton will [Poor language removed] themselves' is more appropriate these days.

Even putting all that aside and believing that they will somehow have an off day and we will put in the performance of the season, we all know that would only open us up to the usual VAR, dodgy ref scenario to steal any hope of getting something form under us.

Sorry to be so defeatist, but I wrote this game off right at the start of the season and if anything my fears for it have grown in the months since. If we get away without a humiliating scoreline and none of our players injured or suspended I will count that as a positive.

That's the spirit, why even show up?
I will never give them a free run,they are one of the best teams in the world, yes I know they are but they are 11 against 11 we can have a fkn go at least.

Plenty of other teams have had a go. West Ham should've definitely got a point. I've just got little faith in us coming up with any sort of tactics to contain them.

Everything suggests we will get beat, hopefully we can keep the goals against respectable so it does not screw up our goal difference which could be important. However stranger things have happened and we could get a result which could have significant meaning for us in our relegation fight and serious ramifications for the RS in their pursuit of immortality

I have no expectations of a result of any form for us. This is sadly David vs. Goliath, which should never be the case for any side in the same league, on paper at least.

In terms of keeping the score down, then we would have to at least try to shut them out for the opening twenty minutes. Even then, they are capable of putting several past us in a blitz.

Bearing in mind Utds result, no heads will be turned if we lose by 4 or 5 here.

It doesn't mean a free hit though, I expect a minimum level of effort and commitment regardless. Getting outclassed is one thing, meekly surrendering to your fate is another.

If we get cut open by them through good quality play then fine I can life with that.

If we get done by a set piece, dodgy VAR call, or Coleman or Keane cocking up then that’s so much more annoying.

I firmly believe we can keep them out if we just defend diligently for 95 minutes. It’s our lapses in concentration that often screw us. If we could get to 50 minutes without conceding then watch the pressure ramp up on them. Equally there’s no reason we can’t take chances at the other end, they give them away almost every game.
My biggest fear is all what you’ve mentioned will happen!

….it’s a Derby, I’ve gone to Anfield over the years expecting a real drubbing and come away delighted with a point. I expect a drubbing on Sunday and can’t under any circumstances see us getting a point.

i said pre-match, we’d need to score two goals to win last night, I doubt 2 goals will get us a point on Sunday. Delighted if we are trailing by one with 20mins to go.

Based on the last seven day's football, we are currently the worst team in the division and they are the best, this by any other metric should mean an absolute mauling for us on Sunday. Yes its a derby and anything can happen, but apart from last season when they were in a rut themselves, how many times in the last decade have we actually made that statement come true? The term 'yes its a derby and yes Everton will [Poor language removed] themselves' is more appropriate these days.

Even putting all that aside and believing that they will somehow have an off day and we will put in the performance of the season, we all know that would only open us up to the usual VAR, dodgy ref scenario to steal any hope of getting something form under us.

Sorry to be so defeatist, but I wrote this game off right at the start of the season and if anything my fears for it have grown in the months since. If we get away without a humiliating scoreline and none of our players injured or suspended I will count that as a positive.
How does a draw with Leicester make us the worst team in the division?

What we saying, go full strength and give it a go ??

Go ultra defensive to keep score down ??

Go all out to maim, kill, hurt and bloody them ??

Rest our main players and take the massive L ??

Status
Not open for further replies.