Match Thread Liverpool v Everton : Sunday 24th April 2022 : Kick Off 4.30pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My team to play liverpool.
Pickford.
Coleman..Holgate....Mina...Branthwaite....Godfrey....Myko...
Doucoure........Delph........Richarlson..
Rondon.
As a few punters on here have said .......go ultra defensive. Take the point.
And no Keane. Cause even going ultra defensive , he's always good for a mistake. And Rondon up top. He might just get his head in something. Preferably get his head slapbang on saint Virgil of the dyke.
Now that's enough of that nonsense.
Every player needs to turn up on sunday. Lampard needs to pick up on who's not interested early doors. And haul them off. No passengers on sunday. And who knows? Who knows.
Seem to remember all this defeatist talk before the Man City match. And we of course should have had a draw. Don't write Everton off.
And yes .....we have been mainly useless this season. But this is a derby.
We could get battered. Or......And there is always an or. We could get a result. So here's hoping that Lampard has some sort of a plan to get a result on sunday. Here's hoping that our players step up. Here's hoping that we get a result. Here's hoping. Up The Toffees....

Can we not get James Rodriquez back on a one match loan deal for sunday. He knows how to unlock a defence. Get a two goal lead. Then go ultra defensive. And lose 6-2.
Only joking folks.........should have said , we win 2-0.
Ps. In all seriousness , I think we can get a result. A draw would do.
Remember watching parts of a recent Liverpool v Watford match. Liverpool won 2-0. But were not great. And they got home with a dodgy penalty. So if we actually turn up......we could rattle them. Stay positive.
Up The Toffees.....

Last edited:
How does a draw with Leicester make us the worst team in the division?
Did you actually watch the performance last night ? The difference between a disappointing draw and a disastrous defeat was a scuffed effort in the 92nd minute. Leicester could have easily been 2 or 3 nil up by that point, completely controlled the match from start to finish (63% possession from a mid-table side AWAY from home).

I've heard a lot of nonsense talked on here about how last night was a good point and how we 'huffed and puffed till we got something out of the game'. We never looked remotely like scoring until we actually did score and Leicester comfortably did the footballing equivalent of holding a man on the top of the head with an outstretched arm whilst he tries in vain to land a punch on you. Norwich, Burnley and Watford would all have put in a better performance than that last night.

….it’s a Derby, I’ve gone to Anfield over the years expecting a real drubbing and come away delighted with a point. I expect a drubbing on Sunday and can’t under any circumstances see us getting a point.

i said pre-match, we’d need to score two goals to win last night, I doubt 2 goals will get us a point on Sunday. Delighted if we are trailing by one with 20mins to go.
Yep me too….also got smashed a few times also:oops:

Did you actually watch the performance last night ? The difference between a disappointing draw and a disastrous defeat was a scuffed effort in the 92nd minute. Leicester could have easily been 2 or 3 nil up by that point, completely controlled the match from start to finish (63% possession from a mid-table side AWAY from home).

I've heard a lot of nonsense talked on here about how last night was a good point and how we 'huffed and puffed till we got something out of the game'. We never looked remotely like scoring until we actually did score and Leicester comfortably did the footballing equivalent of holding a man on the top of the head with an outstretched arm whilst he tries in vain to land a punch on you. Norwich, Burnley and Watford would all have put in a better performance than that last night.

I thought we were poor mate BUT........I've got to disagree on the scoring thing. Richarlison missed an absolute sitter, chances like that don't come around very often. Gordon got us into a couple of good positions 1st half, Gray flashed a fantastic effort just wide.

2nd half Richarlison should have done for better with the shot he scuffed straight at Schmeichel plus he should have buried his free header chance from the corner. Rondon flashed a great header right across goal, Coleman should have buried his chance and Gray and Iwobi were in good positions and ballooned it over.

True Leiceseter could and should have been 2-0 up before any of the above happened but Leicester took their foot off the pedal and we definitely had moments where we could and should have done better.

Not for the first time in the last 2 seasons but if Richarlison had any kind of composure about him and didn't snatch at efforts like a 5 year old, we'd have won last night after playing poorly.

I thought we were poor mate BUT........I've got to disagree on the scoring thing. Richarlison missed an absolute sitter, chances like that don't come around very often. Gordon got us into a couple of good positions 1st half, Gray flashed a fantastic effort just wide.

2nd half Richarlison should have done for better with the shot he scuffed straight at Schmeichel plus he should have buried his free header chance from the corner. Rondon flashed a great header right across goal, Coleman should have buried his chance and Gray and Iwobi were in good positions and ballooned it over.

True Leiceseter could and should have been 2-0 up before any of the above happened but Leicester took their foot off the pedal and we definitely had moments where we could and should have done better.

Not for the first time in the last 2 seasons but if Richarlison had any kind of composure about him and didn't snatch at efforts like a 5 year old, we'd have won last night after playing poorly.
It's amazing how people can see the same match so differently. All I know mate is that 100% of the people I could hear around me in the Top Balcony last night were feeling pretty much the same as me about our performance. If there was anyone in the ground who actually saw it as a decent hard fought draw then they were well out of my earshot.

It's amazing how people can see the same match so differently. All I know mate is that 100% of the people I could hear around me in the Top Balcony last night were feeling pretty much the same as me about our performance. If there was anyone in the ground who actually saw it as a decent hard fought draw then they were well out of my earshot.

I was in the Top Balcony mate, highlights of the night was a fella about 6 rows back effing and blinding for 25 minutes and getting told to stfu as no one wanted to hear his full 90 minute commentary lol

I'm not saying it was a decent performance mate, it was dire 100%. What I'm saying is if the chances we created are taken, we walk out that ground full of beans because we've got 3 points in the bag and we put the poor performance down to nerves.

Been watching derbys since 1984 and this is going to be the first I'm not going to be at or watched on tv or listened to on the radio in all that time. I wouldn't even take a free ticket for this game just to watch us get mullered and have their gobshite followers totally rub our noses in it.

Defeatist I know but realistic. This bunch of c u Next Tuesdays have given huge beatings to much better sides than us in recent times. Going to find something else to do between 4.30 and 6.30 this Sunday.

I was in the Top Balcony mate, highlights of the night was a fella about 6 rows back effing and blinding for 25 minutes and getting told to stfu as no one wanted to hear his full 90 minute commentary lol

I'm not saying it was a decent performance mate, it was dire 100%. What I'm saying is if the chances we created are taken, we walk out that ground full of beans because we've got 3 points in the bag and we put the poor performance down to nerves.
Didn't hear that, but you are right I probably would have said the same to him, it's grim enough listening to the commentary in your own head on a night like that?

Thing is this is a thread about our chances of an upset on Sunday and as I have said there was no evidence from what happened last night or at their match on Tuesday that it won't be a mulleriing and I think you've actually agreed with me

We're getting humped on Sunday, absolutely no doubt. In all honesty, I would rest any player with a minor niggle and save them for the Chelsea game of which I have some hope we might get something. There is nothing for us at the pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.