2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought by an arse but can use his arse against the RS. Should start Sunday if only - as has been said -it allows Richy to play wide.

Clutching at straws here and would agree with the recent comments of starting him up front. My hope is his fitness has improved, does seemed interested so effort will be there. Gets Richo out wide and not hammered by CBs for 90mins and will help defend out wide. Rondon wont win the majority of the contests as he will be isolated much of the time but will hold up balls Richo wouldn't be able to. Wont do the 90m either then time to change it up. Dont get me wrong not the answer next year but for this game the options are limited.

I honestly think Rondon is more effective a target man than DCL was against Burnley or United, and also would've buried at least one of the sitters Richy missed against Leicester. He's very limited, but he does certain things better than anyone else we have is currently doing. Would definitely play him up top against them on Sunday to give Richy the freedom to do the things he's actually good at.

If Gray doesn't improve, I rather play him in front and put Richy wide. His commitment were evident from his improvement on physical fitness and strength, and can hold up much better than Richy ever could. Since his 2 goals he was seriously underused

Maybe so, but in hindsight he was right
We did well before fat waiter starts him, altered the tactics from exciting counter to percentage crossing and it achieve a grand total of 12 games without a goal from rondon.

We lost our shape, football become slow, ineffective, losing confidence along the way. The stubborn decision to start him game after game proves to be the building block of our terrible season.

We did well before fat waiter starts him, altered the tactics from exciting counter to percentage crossing and it achieve a grand total of 12 games without a goal from rondon.

We lost our shape, football become slow, ineffective, losing confidence along the way. The stubborn decision to start him game after game proves to be the building block of our terrible season.
Would you, or rather do you think Frank should of started him against Leicester? Or Wolves? Or away at Burnley and West Ham? He was on the beach at all 4, 3 of them we lost and the other he changed?
We also went several hundred minutes without scoring, right after he got 2 in the cup, while we watched DCL fall around offering nothing and he warmed the bench?

Would you, or rather do you think Frank should of started him against Leicester? Or Wolves? Or away at Burnley and West Ham? He was on the beach at all 4, 3 of them we lost and the other he changed?
We also went several hundred minutes without scoring, right after he got 2 in the cup, while we watched DCL fall around offering nothing and he warmed the bench?

Starting him is not an option. The game plan to press will be out the window because he cannot sustain it for 90mins. Pressing is an essential part of Lampard gameplan, quite evident when you see the way he transformed iwobi.

Fast attacking football will also be limited with rondon leading the line. He is simply not that type of player.

The only way for rondon to be anywhere near effective is to keep the ball in the air, flick on and crossing. Or when we’re desperate for a goal and the opponent sits deep in their half.

Rondon is a very limited player. I can see why Lampard prefer richarlison as a striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.