Match Thread Liverpool v Everton : Sunday 24th April 2022 : Kick Off 4.30pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the fact he shouts like it's fanzone and can't show impartiality. Maybe I'm just getting older, but I don't need to hear people shouting on commentary.

The best thing sky could do would be taking Neville off United games, and Carragher off Liverpool games. It won't happen because they are more interested in catering to the entitlement of United and reds fans, but it would improve their coverage enormously.

That's another matter entirely.

He shouldn't be commentating on a derby in the same way Gary Neville shouldn't on a Manchester derby.

But digs at his pronunciation/"can't understand him" etc. Maybe it's because I'm a scouser and the piss taking is from 2 non scousers but I find him easy to understand - unfortunately.

Poor pundit. Biased. Part of everything that's wrong with the modern "sporrs entertainment" product Etc etc. But park the way he talks shouts.

That's another matter entirely.

He shouldn't be commentating on a derby in the same way Gary Neville shouldn't on a Manchester derby.

But digs at his pronunciation/"can't understand him" etc. Maybe it's because I'm a scouser and the piss taking is from 2 non scousers but I find him easy to understand - unfortunately.

I've never had any issue understanding him, as a non-scouser. I just don't think he should be commentating on reds games because he can't stay impartial.

We were up against the best RS team in history and probably one of the best teams in world football right now. They just trounced Man Utd by an aggregate scoreline of 9-0 over two games. There’s no shame in losing to them. As Carragher said: had the officials not made that mistake in regard to the penalty decision in the second half we likely go 1-0 up and we possibly get something out of the game.

If we beat Chelsea we have a great chance of avoiding disaster because I see us winning our remaining two home games too… if the crowd are up for it!

I don’t think people have grasped how serious relegation would be. Some have said “oh it’ll enable us to rebuild and get rid of our dead wood.” Who wants to sign dead wood (who are on top Dollar by the way) from a team that’s just been relegated? Possibly a League One one club. But why would our dead wood agree to play for a League One club for about £5k a week? The dead wood will stay and continue taking their massive money.

The only ones who will go are Richarlison, Gordon, Branthwaite and anyone else who’s any good - and they’ll go for a pittance because everyone will know how desperate we are to get the wage bill down. There’s talk of Newcastle being interested in Richarlison for £15million. Fifteen million!

One thing I realised earlier was how much smaller as a club we will be and now diminished our fan base will be if we go down. Earlier I said to my young son, who knows his onions when it comes to top-flight football “We might be playing Sheffield Wednesday if we go down. My first game was Sheffield Wednesday.” My lad had never heard of Sheffield Wednesday. And why would he have heard of them? When was the last time you saw a championship game on the telly or saw the top pundits even mention the championship? The deluded reds are fond of singing “the city’s all ours.” Well it will be if we go down. The questions is will we do a Leeds or a Forest or a Sheffield Wednesday, or will it be much worse because we’re so heavily indebted and are making such huge losses?
Great post. Sadly everything you say is spot on.

But we can turn this around. Win our 3 home matches and we will stay up.

Goodison has got to be like a bear pit. We’ve got to really behind the players from the first whistle to the last.

It's a pretty basic Scouse accent.

Hear fans of other clubs say the same about the likes of Anthony Gordon.

Taking the piss out of the way a scouser speaks ? Nah. Not for me.
Good grief , read my post again. I’m not a scouser but have been told many times over the years that I sound like a scouser at times. Why would any Evertonian mock a scouse accent. It’s Carragher I have the problem with . Similarly I understand every word of the Etonian accent of Boris Johnson but often think “ Wtf did he just say?” . If you can’t understand I’m playing the man not the accent then I’ll just leave it there.

The ref didn't want to get death threats or have bullets sent to him, so even if he didn't make a conscious choice to favour LFC (and I'm very open to the fact he may have done: cc going across to check Gordon had placed the ball on the right blade of grass for a corner - when have you last seen a ref do that),
Very noticeable this, and none of the expert pundits commented how unusual it was.

So diving, timewasting and trying to injure players should be allowed, because its your team? Would love to see your reaction if the roles were reversed. Probably as embarrassing as that performance yesterday.
We did everything your lot get away with practically every week, hilarious how much crying there was at half time because the boot was on the other foot

It's nothing to do with his accent. It's the fact he shouts like it's fanzone and can't show impartiality. Maybe I'm just getting older, but I don't need to hear people shouting on commentary.

The best thing sky could do would be taking Neville off United games, and Carragher off Liverpool games. It won't happen because they are more interested in catering to the entitlement of United and reds fans, but it would improve their coverage enormously.
In my opinion the game coverage would be vastly improved by only having the one commentator, and if he confined himself to what's actually going on during the game. Instead of this we have opinionated gas-bags who have obviously made a long list of talking points which they feel have to be expressed during the game. Which is why they never close their gobs long enough for their brains to catch up. I love Amazon's coverage because you have the option of crowd noise only.

We did everything your lot get away with practically every week, hilarious how much crying there was at half time because the boot was on the other foot

Listen to the tit say it was embarrassing performance lol 60 minutes and all they done was pass it sideways, sideways, sideways, idea balls, sideways lol

Got the 3 points but he's frothing at the mouth whilst eating his coco pops because his beloved redmen didn't steam roller us like they did Man Utd.

I pretty much expected a defeat and never bothered watching the match, but going by the poll it looked like Anthony Gordon had a standout game for us. Sadly the result was neither a surprise nor a disappointment to me as I all but wrote the match off anyway and had been looking to the Chelsea game :(

Status
Not open for further replies.