Match Thread Liverpool v Everton : Sunday 24th April 2022 : Kick Off 4.30pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Commentary team chatting about the subs changing the match. It was the foul on Gordon from TAA when he had a clear path to goal in front of him. 0-0 at that point.

Decent enough battle in parts, just rushed our chances in the final 3rd when we got them. Probably the better team in the 2nd half until their goal.

But it all counts for nothing now. I’d be dropping Gray for Rondon and pushing Richarlison out wide for the rest of the season.
Carragher said the foul on Gordon by Alexander-Arnold was only a SLIGHT push. That makes it alright then!!

Jermaine Jenas and Micah Richards on Match of the Day didn't award us the should've had a penalty award.

They didn't really show the fingerpoke of doom either. Cancelling my licence.
I'm sure the tax payer funded --sorry, "optional license payer funded"-- multi millionaires are crying in their lambourghinis as we speak.

If only we could kick a couple of million Linekar's way for his in depth thoughts in an extra time special. Perhaps a few quid for Danny Murphy's take?!?!?

We were up against the best RS team in history and probably one of the best teams in world football right now. They just trounced Man Utd by an aggregate scoreline of 9-0 over two games. There's no shame in losing to them. As Carragher said: had the officials not made that mistake in regard to the penalty decision in the second half we likely go 1-0 up and we possibly get something out of the game.
Of course there is - its them ffs.
And not to say there isn't a lot of sense in what you say in the rest of it either.
But
I didn't watch it; 0230am KO
I won't watch it after I looked at the score and read a little from various sources...it's just another variation on a familiar theme over many years

*Until the next game

Commentary team chatting about the subs changing the match. It was the foul on Gordon from TAA when he had a clear path to goal in front of him. 0-0 at that point.

If only DCL, Gordon or Kenny had done that to Tarkowski and whoever the other Burnley lad was storming down the left wing when they had the chance, we wouldn't have lost that game the other week.

I'm sure the tax payer funded --sorry, "optional license payer funded"-- multi millionaires are crying in their lambourghinis as we speak.

If only we could kick a couple of million Linekar's way for his in depth thoughts in an extra time special. Perhaps a few quid for Danny Murphy's take?!?!?
Astonishingly Murphy seems to have mellowed recently - avoided MOTD tonight

But Benitez accrued just 6 points in his last FOUR MONTHS!

Lampard has improved on that.
You are kidding yourself. When Benitez was sacked, the table reads P19, W5, D4, L10, GD -10, Pt 19. You are in 15th place, 6 points clear of relegation. When Lamps took over till now, P13, W3, D1, L9, GD -11, Pt 10. You are in relegation zone now, 2 points adrift. Benitez win ratio is 26%, point per game is 1. Lamp's win ratio is 23%, Pt per game is 0.77, Goal difference is -11, more than what Benitez managed in 6 more games. So how can Lamps improved the team?

One of the best football teams in the world against relegation fodder.

It is what it is.

Everton did the minimum today - they turned up and gave it all they had.

If they did that most games, with a bit of quality we have - we wouldn't be anywhere near the relegation zone.

As it is, as we all know - we've got a team full of cowards and pricks - with a board of charlatans. If we don't go down this season, we go down soon if we don't force the change needed.

Hopefully we can snide/sneak a point against Chelsea on Sunday. Hopefully Burnley/Leeds don't get away from us until we get Watford, Brentford and Crystal Palace.
I don't think we actually have that much quality though, tbh

We're a very poor team with poor decision-makers.

It's cost us as much as a lack of organisation this season.

Gordon needs to pack it in with the diving imo. Gonna get a name for himself.
Yep. Big time. The second foul was a penalty, yet if you continously dive (which he does every game and is incredibly bad at doing so) you're never going to get the benefit of the doubt.

If only DCL, Gordon or Kenny had done that to Tarkowski and whoever the other Burnley lad was storming down the left wing when they had the chance, we wouldn't have lost that game the other week.
Spot on, but our players don't have the tactical nous that top players have, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.