2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see it now in Ancelotti’s portacabin at finch farm.

‘Ah Dominic, good. Come in. Leave the handbag at the door please’
‘Right we want to have a word with you about these ‘sitters’ that you’re missing. How about you stop doing that hmm?’
‘What you don’t care cos it’s only everton!?!’
‘Get Alan Myers on the phone pronto!’

On his way like Rhico next season in blag articles -
If he goes, get good money and hopefully moved on quickly with a decent replacement lined up. If he stays, hope he hits the ground running and bangs the goals in.

If Richarlison goes I'll be disappointed. If he gets a dream move, I can see him being a superstar of the game. Again if he does go, get good money and replace well and so be it - that's football, even though I would miss him.

The kid has been poor this season (it’s hard to get any consistency going when you’re struggling with injuries) but he always works his socks off on that Goodison pitch.

And we don’t have a goal threat like him.

He has a big part to play in our survival, mark my words.
Does he work his socks off on the pitch?

I’ve seen zero evidence of this in the last 12 months.

Barely breaks a sweat, jogging aboutz

So much stick for an injured player who has missed most of the season .... he should have been left out till fit imo.....
Exactly.

It’s disappointing that he missed so much, particularly when he was carrying the injury over summer when away with England.

However, the revisionism is extraordinary. Whilst I know he is not the second coming, he is certainly not cack. We could have done with him fit and firing.

Yes evertonians main issue with DCL is DEFINITELY that he wears handbags

Not that our star striker who scored 16 goals last season and raised everyone’s hopes and expectations has only scored ONE (1) non-penalty goal (the third in a 3-1 victory on the opening day of the season) and hasn’t scored a goal since AUGUST, and continuously has had stop/start returns from different injuries which may or may not be the reason he doesn’t look arsed on the pitch in terms of effort while the other 10 are running around like crazy - because they are conscious we are in the RELEGATION ZONE IN MAY, and PS we also have no real striker replacement outside of Solomon Rondon due to us continuously wasting transfers funds

BUT ITS THE HANDBAGS WHY WE ARE ALL A LITTLE FRUSTRATED

Hoping with a weeks full training he can be right for Leicester. They have been extremely vulnerable from set pieces this year, him and Mina could be a real threat from corners. Rodgers is clearly getting desperate in his search for solutions, given he left 3 players on the half way line for the first 70 mins when we had corners in the home game!

Status
Not open for further replies.