2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads a great example of the stupidity of many footy fans

Expect loyalty from players

Then watch a young player make a big effort to establish himself at the club and fight hard for a crap team…..but start putting the boot in when they are having a crap injury disrupted season

The insane assumption that the wantaway rumours and off the field distraction impacting their game are DEFO true despite feck all proof and then getting mad based on something they’ve just randomly decided was DEFO true. (I mean it might be true, but we sure as hell have no idea so I’ll just assume his performances are just down to normal boring stuff like injuries/form)

At least I can enjoy the ones getting wound up at being told they are hiding hidden feelings for Dom

Have you heard that 1st hand from a player?
No, but I know the lad well enough for it to be weird if he made it up.

I thought it was quite telling that he didn't get on ahead of Rondon. I think it's known that he's done here.

No, but I know the lad well enough for it to be weird if he made it up.

I thought it was quite telling that he didn't get on ahead of Rondon. I think it's known that he's done here.

Well, hes obviously had the major injury and then the recurring problems.

With that in mind i think it would have been more weird to see him play if there were fitness concerns.

Perhaps were just trying to manage his return and/or keep him around the squad while recovering.

If any of the players believe hes on his way out the door then thats probably also something realistic as well. Hes definitely had his admirers in the media who linked him with United, Newcastle and Arsenal.

If he hadnt had the relapses(?) and shown he was back at it then we could probably expect large offers...as it is i think it would be a case of us rejecting low fees unless they believe the injury will continue to hamper him.

I think if we sold him under £50mil it would be because were worried about his injury.

Well, hes obviously had the major injury and then the recurring problems.

With that in mind i think it would have been more weird to see him play if there were fitness concerns.

Perhaps were just trying to manage his return and/or keep him around the squad while recovering.

If any of the players believe hes on his way out the door then thats probably also something realistic as well. Hes definitely had his admirers in the media who linked him with United, Newcastle and Arsenal.

If he hadnt had the relapses(?) and shown he was back at it then we could probably expect large offers...as it is i think it would be a case of us rejecting low fees unless they believe the injury will continue to hamper him.

I think if we sold him under £50mil it would be because were worried about his injury.
I find it hard to put value on players.

At his best, I think he's pretty good. I'd be very underwhelmed if Everton had paid over £30m, though.

He came back from injury and played 90 minutes or started multiple times. Surely if he wasn't fit then he wouldn't have been up to that.

The fitness excuse doesn't add up. He played nearly every match in January and February. He's been dog muck since he came back and looked like he couldnt be arsed to put a shift in.

I don't know how you can play 90 minutes 4 times in a row and then have people saying it's it's fitness thing. It definitely doesn't look like one to me now.

There's not been one match he's played in since his injury where I thought he put a shift in even without scoring.

He came back from injury and played 90 minutes or started multiple times. Surely if he wasn't fit then he wouldn't have been up to that.

The fitness excuse doesn't add up. He played nearly every match in January and February. He's been dog muck since he came back and looked like he couldnt be arsed to put a shift in.

I don't know how you can play 90 minutes 4 times in a row and then have people saying it's it's fitness thing. It definitely doesn't look like one to me now.

There's not been one match he's played in since his injury where I thought he put a shift in even without scoring.

You can play unfit players out of desperation though i.e. in a relegation scrap.

You can play unfit players out of desperation though i.e. in a relegation scrap.
Sure but you don't leave them on the pitch for 90 minutes each week do you?

You're either fit enough for the whole match or you aren't.

If you're playing 90 minutes in back to back matches I'd say it's fair to assume you're at or close to full fitness.

Sure but you don't leave them on the pitch for 90 minutes each week do you?

You're either fit enough for the whole match or you aren't.

If you're playing 90 minutes in back to back matches I'd say it's fair to assume you're at or close to full fitness.

Physical or match fit? We know they're different things. He's dropped out since through injuries not fitness.

Physical or match fit? We know they're different things. He's dropped out since through injuries not fitness.
Surely if you can play 90 minutes 3 or 4 matches in a row you should be as close to match fit as is possible. It just doesn't add up to me and it is giving off the impression that he isnt up for it.

If he's fit enough for the bench and needs match fitness you give him the 15 minutes we gave Rondon unless you can't be trusted. Surely if he cares about the team then he's begging to get on the pitch but that's not the impression he gives me.

I like him but I get the feeling it is going the John Stones way. We developed him and stuck by him while he was learning even when he wasn't that good. He has one good season and a half and his head has been turned.

Surely if you can play 90 minutes 3 or 4 matches in a row you should be as close to match fit as is possible. It just doesn't add up to me and it is giving off the impression that he isnt up for it.

If he's fit enough for the bench and needs match fitness you give him the 15 minutes we gave Rondon unless you can't be trusted. Surely if he cares about the team then he's begging to get on the pitch but that's not the impression he gives me.

I like him but I get the feeling it is going the John Stones way. We developed him and stuck by him while he was learning even when he wasn't that good. He has one good season and a half and his head has been turned.

Each to their own but can't agree.

Threads a great example of the stupidity of many footy fans

Expect loyalty from players

Then watch a young player make a big effort to establish himself at the club and fight hard for a crap team…..but start putting the boot in when they are having a crap injury disrupted season

The insane assumption that the wantaway rumours and off the field distraction impacting their game are DEFO true despite feck all proof and then getting mad based on something they’ve just randomly decided was DEFO true. (I mean it might be true, but we sure as hell have no idea so I’ll just assume his performances are just down to normal boring stuff like injuries/form)

At least I can enjoy the ones getting wound up at being told they are hiding hidden feelings for Dom

It`s a reflection of their sad and lonely lives, their pent up frustration and self loathing.

Plus they secretly fancy him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.