Old Everton Pictures

1651941743037.png

Four solid defenders. Two great defenders. Just wondered what the great Brian Labone would have thought playing alongside Keane or Holgate?
Hypothetical I know. But surely Labone and especially Catterick would have not put up with their mistakes.
We need better for next season. Or it's just going to be the same old nonsense as this season.

Four solid defenders. Two great defenders. Just wondered what the great Brian Labone would have thought playing alongside Keane or Holgate?
Hypothetical I know. But surely Labone and especially Catterick would have not put up with their mistakes.
We need better for next season. Or it's just going to be the same old nonsense as this season.
John Hurst was better than John Stones ....... scored goals too alongside Labone -

1651951576651.png

John Hurst was better than John Stones ....... scored goals too alongside Labone -

View attachment 164727
Always liked John Hurst. That 1969/70 team is the team that I really remember.
I Remember watching the 1966 fa cup final with my Everton supporting granda. But tbh I don’t remember that much about it. But in later years I’ve bought everything that I could about that final.
But the 1968 final was different. I remember everything about that final. I kicked every ball with the team. I suppose that that was the day that Everton became my team.
Then my collecting kicked off. Not just supporting a team. I started collecting all things Everton. Still collect to this day.

And I really loved that 1968/69/70 bunch of players. John Hurst was a favourite. The trinity were magic. West…Wright….Labone….Sandy…Moggsey….Royle….whittle….Husband….Wilson…..Newton….Kenyon….
Jackson…Catterick. For ever ingrained in my mind.
Think that I liked that team even better than the mid 1980s team.
Ramble down memory lane now over. Up the Toffees….