2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
After that Burnley game, we had a run of 5 games that most (including myself) thought could well see us relegated.

10pts from those 5, considering the form we were in beforehand, is just astonishing.

Where are all those who were gleefully posting images of Lampard and Benitez’s stats?

The play in the final third today was largely crap and the inability to make progress in this area is a major problem that will see him gone by next Christmas.

Had a grand old time today, and am still concerned.
We were scared to commit and didn't have any runners into the box

When Rondon came on we had something to aim at. No concerns here

The play in the final third today was largely crap and the inability to make progress in this area is a major problem that will see him gone by next Christmas.

Ironically, this is the exact reverse of when he had his own team at Chelsea - suicide ball.

Which is why everyone keeps telling you - this year is NOT indicative of how Lampard's teams play football. We're up s***s creek and the paddle is held by duct tape, we can't afford to pretty it up.

As I've personally told you but you seemed to ignore that - Klopp came to a Meinz side that was in the same situation, almost, as we are right now and played some horrible grindy 1:0 football before they got to the pressing and fast pace.

His name is @Drico and he is a trumpet.
Jeez, we win a crucial game and you want to score silly points against your fellow supporters? Wow, fair play. I mean, you're entitled to feel vindicated with the last two results - hat tip to you - but to call somebody out on the forum for having a different opinion on the manager? Hmm. Lacks a bit of class, that and tends towards a slightly weird stalkery vibe. I mean, I am hardly all that prolific on here. But still. Trumpets play a mighty fine tune.

And to be fair to Frank, he is playing a fine tune too right now. I'll be delighted to be utterly proven wrong by Frank at the end of the season (and next). We're not there yet, though. That said, I hope you are "trumpeting" your righteousness on Wednesday night. Just be a little nicer to skeptics like me. Trumpets need to be blown with love.

I was very unimpressed with him early on, but all you can ask for is improvement and that's what we're getting.

Any debate over the quality of of football is for next season. It could be that he's deferring more to Clement now, but whatever the case, conceding midfield (with a view to playing our way into the game, like happened in the second half today) and interspersing organisation with moments of quality was the same approach that Ancelotti arrived at. It's the most sensible thing to do with this set of players.

For what it’s worth I actually think we’re keeping the ball far better than we were in the first two thirds of the season.

Jeez, we win a crucial game and you want to score silly points against your fellow supporters? Wow, fair play. I mean, you're entitled to feel vindicated with the last two results - hat tip to you - but to call somebody out on the forum for having a different opinion on the manager? Hmm. Lacks a bit of class, that and tends towards a slightly weird stalkery vibe. I mean, I am hardly all that prolific on here. But still. Trumpets play a mighty fine tune.

And to be fair to Frank, he is playing a fine tune too right now. I'll be delighted to be utterly proven wrong by Frank at the end of the season (and next). We're not there yet, though. That said, I hope you are "trumpeting" your righteousness on Wednesday night. Just be a little nicer to skeptics like me. Trumpets need to be blown with love.
Oh don’t worry mate, we still have the summer as well.

We’re coming for blood

Ironically, this is the exact reverse of when he had his own team at Chelsea - suicide ball.

Which is why everyone keeps telling you - this year is NOT indicative of how Lampard's teams play football. We're up s***s creek and the paddle is held by duct tape, we can't afford to pretty it up.

As I've personally told you but you seemed to ignore that - Klopp came to a Meinz side that was in the same situation, almost, as we are right now and played some horrible grindy 1:0 football before they got to the pressing and fast pace.
I get all of this. When you're actually in the final third and all you're doing is passing it in a triangle between your two wingers who are on the same side of the field and the fullback going nowhere multiple times you still have a problem that needs addressing.

I'm pleased we've managed these wins but I'm afraid I don't see us in a place where we can claim it is fixed. And sure he'll get his summer but that doesn't mean I feel great about it.

This type of play isn't his preferred template of football , like we discussed previously he's playing survival football next season with some solid recruitment I'd assume Everton will play more like his Chelsea team which didn't have problems in the final third. Also you never gave me the name of a realistic alternative manager that could solve those issues lol

After that Burnley game, we had a run of 5 games that most (including myself) thought could well see us relegated.

10pts from those 5, considering the form we were in beforehand, is just astonishing.

Where are all those who were gleefully posting images of Lampard and Benitez’s stats?
Oh mate, I had us out and buried and sort of come to terms with relegation. Nothing to do with Frank, I just couldn’t see the players pulling together after what the fat kopite did to this team.

Shows that he actually is a good manager and has managed to get these players to follow him and listen.

The signs of a good manager is man management, and Frank has that

Status
Not open for further replies.