2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
This type of play isn't his preferred template of football , like we discussed previously he's playing survival football next season with some recruitment I'd assume Everton will play more like his Chelsea team which didn't have problems in the final third.
4-2-3-1 wasn't the preferred style of Martinez or Silva either they told use and yet did we ever do anything else?

Words matter little, we'll see what he does going forward. Hopefully the answer is he does nothing this summer because we've finally properly turned the keys over to a DOF and then come the new year we start to show more than we are currently.

But as I said I just have doubts on it. I'm happy to be wrong.

The play in the final third today was largely crap and the inability to make progress in this area is a major problem that will see him gone by next Christmas.

Had a grand old time today, and am still concerned.
Mate the players /squad is disjointed with cowards in the mix and some of them are really not that good…
It’s no surprise a lot of managers couldn’t get a tune out of them. Carlo did well beginning of last season then it went downhill (and he overachieved/ the footy was crap)

I’m made up we’ve got Frank and I would love it to work out.- Each to their own I suppose but I think you’re in the minority thankfully.

Jeez, we win a crucial game and you want to score silly points against your fellow supporters? Wow, fair play. I mean, you're entitled to feel vindicated with the last two results - hat tip to you - but to call somebody out on the forum for having a different opinion on the manager? Hmm. Lacks a bit of class, that and tends towards a slightly weird stalkery vibe. I mean, I am hardly all that prolific on here. But still. Trumpets play a mighty fine tune.

And to be fair to Frank, he is playing a fine tune too right now. I'll be delighted to be utterly proven wrong by Frank at the end of the season (and next). We're not there yet, though. That said, I hope you are "trumpeting" your righteousness on Wednesday night. Just be a little nicer to skeptics like me. Trumpets need to be blown with love.

I don't want to be too critical of Frank because, like you, I know he is working with a collection of charlatans on the playing staff (not to mention on the board). There were mitigating factors that must be taken into account - just as they should have been with his predecessor. That said, his "statement" signings of Delle Ali and Donny van de Beek were big punts that have simply not worked out. He had almost no time in the window - but part of the attraction of his appointment was in his ability to bring in desperately needed reinforcements on the basis of his name recognition. They have bombed.

The lack of game management at Burnley was also unforgivable. At worst, we should have drawn that game. Some of his selections (Kenny, etc.) have killed us. People will say he has had little time to address these things - and I have some sympathy for this viewpoint - but his job was a salvage operation and he needed to produce a bounce through some form of alchemy associated with his personality/reputation, etc., in the absence of time and, let's face it, demonstrable proven coaching ability.

I wish him well tomorrow. But I see no benefit in supporting Team Lampard when the club is plummeting to oblivion.

No, it’s because of a myriad, of pants pissing posts like this.

It’s time to atone for your sins.

Mate the players /squad is disjointed with cowards in the mix and some of them are really not that good…
It’s no surprise a lot of managers couldn’t get a tune out of them. Carlo did well beginning of season then it went downhill (and he overachieved/ the footy was crap)

I’m made up we’ve got Frank and I would love it to work out.- Each to their own I suppose but I think you’re in the minority thankfully.
I'm always in the minority with anything negative right up to the point there is no reasonable way to see it otherwise. I can live with it.

The play in the final third today was largely crap and the inability to make progress in this area is a major problem that will see him gone by next Christmas.

Had a grand old time today, and am still concerned.
It was, has been for a good while.

That's the hand lampard was dealt and he has managed to make it work. We struggle to score goals but the last time I checked we have now won two games , so by any means necessary , scored.

His first choice striker clearly doesn't want to be here anymore, certainly the fact he is dropped suggests that. His second choice striker is rondon and his third choice is at juventus.

Status
Not open for further replies.