Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was clearly joking. Need a cute ball player with good engine and not shy of putting foot in. That Guimaeres at Skunks would've been ideal !
Agreed. Miss the boat on such a fantastic cm.

I want Lucas Paquetá bet Newcastle would try to get him too.

Its all about the spine of the team:

GK: Pickford / Begovic

CB: Mina / Godfrey / Holgate / Keane / Branthwaite / Welch

CM: Delph / Allan / Doucoure / Davies / Gbamin / Gomes / Onyango / Iwobi

FW: Tosun / DCL / Richarlison / Rondon / Kean / Dele

Put FFP/P+S to one side for a moment and imagine the club will be operating on a simplistic model of whatever fees we bring in may be used for signings.

Its all about who we can move out from those groups Whether out of contract or through sales to generate enough funds for a new spine.

The obvious ones are:
Gomes
Kean
Keane
Tosun (OOC)
Delph (OOC)
Gbamin
Allan

But then look at when some of the others contracts expire:

Begovic (if we take a 1 year extension)
Doucoure (One year option)
Mina
Davies
Rondon (One year option)

Richarlison
Pickford
Dele
Iwobi

Holgate
Godfrey
Branthwaite
DCL

I hope that our first two signings are Colwill and Gilmour from Chelsea. I think they would cost around £40mil.

But I think we would still need
1 × CB
1 × CM
2 × CF

Thats going to cost big money and even if we get fees for squad players it isnt going to be enough.

Pickford, Godfrey, DCL, Richarlison surely wont all be here next season although it looks likely Juventus will pay £25mil+ for Kean in June.

Somehow we need to keep hold of our better players whilst recycling others to bring in high potential younger players for long term stability in the spine.

Its building towards one of the biggest summers of activity I think we have seen.
If we could get those 2 I reckon it would be loans

Delph is 5'9 with hair. Gilmour 5'7 and very talented as a deep lying playmaker to sit between defence and midfield.

Which player would you have for that role?

Its still a gamble to sell someone like Pickford and replace with Bazunu...Godfrey for Colwill...Allan for Gilmour and DCL+Kean for Gouiri.

But i think its a more sensible risk than keeping almost all of your high value players and relying on selling squad players.

Im in favour of a massive cull and huge recycle.
Which of our recyclable players would you cull to create the ultimate Frankenstein player.....

Obviously, the hair of Gomes, the tongue of Coleman, the age of Dobbin.....

Don't get this jizz parade for Gilmour, slow and poor in a very poor side, is it because he is young he is a good signing?

We are not going to ship out that many players in one go, it doesn't and will never work as you need a squad

We will need to replace the Delph position sitting in front of the back four, Big Yerry at center back and Calvert Lewin who I think will be at Newcastle

Well Mina, Delph and DCL are all in the spine which i was talking about.

Palace also shifted alot of players last summsr.

Just not Gilmour he doesn’t even start that much for a 20th team.

Who then? He looked pretty good for Lampard at Chelsea and for Scotland.

I was clearly joking. Need a cute ball player with good engine and not shy of putting foot in. That Guimaeres at Skunks would've been ideal !

Yes, i wanted Guimaraes since 2 seasons ago.

Another one to watch is Kamara at Marseille...on a free this summer.

Tchouameni would have been ideal but his value has skyrocketed.

Neither are 'playmakers' though. They would be pure DMs.

Agreed. Miss the boat on such a fantastic cm.

I want Lucas Paquetá bet Newcastle would try to get him too.

Hes an attacking midfielder...I wanted him years ago but we dont use the 10 and have Dele for that role if we did.

If we could get those 2 I reckon it would be loans

Colwill and Gilmour?

With Gilmour only having a season left + we can only register 2 loans at any one time from different teams.

Well Mina, Delph and DCL are all in the spine which i was talking about.

Palace also shifted alot of players last summsr.

Who then? He looked pretty good for Lampard at Chelsea and for Scotland.

Yes, i wanted Guimaraes since 2 seasons ago.

Another one to watch is Kamara at Marseille...on a free this summer.

Tchouameni would have been ideal but his value has skyrocketed.

Neither are 'playmakers' though. They would be pure DMs.

Hes an attacking midfielder...I wanted him years ago but we dont use the 10 and have Dele for that role if we did.

Colwill and Gilmour?

With Gilmour only having a season left + we can only register 2 loans at any one time from different teams.
They have an option to extend his contract

If Leeds drop i would take Jack Harrison off their hands.
He has 2 years left on his deal, think they paid City £10/11m for him last summer after he had spent couple of seasons on loan.
Young, hard working, left footed winger, and has quality about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.