Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've mentioned Bazuna on here since he was 16. The lad is going to be a top top keeper, He will go on loan again as he needs to play, only way he comes here is if Spurs spend money on Pickford to replace Lloris. It's not beyond the realms of possibility. And he Bazuna won't cost peanuts either.

What the last few weeks has shown us is we need a ball playing holding midfielder, Delph has really been good and done well but needs to be moved on now, Allan needs replacing. Mina injury problems are also a big problem, we need another leader in his position. I think right back is now an area of strength, if we go 5 at the back, Patterson and Iwobi are more than good enough. Seamus can still play the odd game in a back 5, Godfrey and Holgate need a real organiser to play alongside them, if Mina goes we need someone in that mould to play alongside him, Can't wait for Lampard to get rid of the deadwood.

I think we should aim for younger players with some fight like Mykolenko this summer but we still need 1-2 ready made quality and Lukaku certainly is that.

He's approaching 29 and most clubs outside of the PL are still skint from the Pandemic. I think if we can offload DCL for a good inflated fee its not out the realms of possibility that we could bring him home with the guarantee of regular 1st team football week in week out.

Him and Richarlison up top man oh man

Of the names you've mentioned, just cant see any takers at much beyond loans.

FWIW think Davies will stay, seems to like him and I think he will like his attitude and probably get more from him. Mina I think will also stay, but you hope Thelwell is looking at our medical people.

I sense Richarlison and DCL may go. Kean and Godfrey may also join them. I dont want to guess figures, but certainly upwards of 150m, with comfortable 100m of it in profit.

That will help resolve a lot of FFP issues, and also allow for a couple of years of sensible recruitment.

Delph might stay if he accepts an incentivised deal, which I dont think he will. I sense JKK may stay on a cheap deal for his versatility.

As for recruitment, wouldnt be surprised we we targeted some Chelsea academy players (maybe Sterling and/or the lad at Huddersfield) and wouldnt be surprised to see lads from the championship who are a bit unknown. Think Lampard wants people who will fight and graft, which seems to mirror what Thelwell likes.

He'll want a pay rise.

We can't give a pay rise to someone who's already on £100k p/w but misses 20 games per season due to injury.

We should sell him this summer. I won't deny that he's usually our best defender when he plays, but he simply doesn't play often enough to justify his current wages.

Don't get these constant comments about selling Pickford!

He has been our most consistent player over the last 16 months, we should be ensuring he stays, given the wage he is already on he isn't going to Spurs anyway

Please stop flogging off our assets to the club to justify bringing in "promising young players"

Its all about the spine of the team:

GK: Pickford / Begovic

CB: Mina / Godfrey / Holgate / Keane / Branthwaite / Welch

CM: Delph / Allan / Doucoure / Davies / Gbamin / Gomes / Onyango / Iwobi

FW: Tosun / DCL / Richarlison / Rondon / Kean / Dele

Put FFP/P+S to one side for a moment and imagine the club will be operating on a simplistic model of whatever fees we bring in may be used for signings.

Its all about who we can move out from those groups Whether out of contract or through sales to generate enough funds for a new spine.

The obvious ones are:
Gomes
Kean
Keane
Tosun (OOC)
Delph (OOC)
Gbamin
Allan

But then look at when some of the others contracts expire:

Begovic (if we take a 1 year extension)
Doucoure (One year option)
Mina
Davies
Rondon (One year option)

Richarlison
Pickford
Dele
Iwobi

Holgate
Godfrey
Branthwaite
DCL

I hope that our first two signings are Colwill and Gilmour from Chelsea. I think they would cost around £40mil.

But I think we would still need
1 × CB
1 × CM
2 × CF

Thats going to cost big money and even if we get fees for squad players it isnt going to be enough.

Pickford, Godfrey, DCL, Richarlison surely wont all be here next season although it looks likely Juventus will pay £25mil+ for Kean in June.

Somehow we need to keep hold of our better players whilst recycling others to bring in high potential younger players for long term stability in the spine.

Its building towards one of the biggest summers of activity I think we have seen.

See Erling Haaland is off to Man City, so you would expect Arsenal to follow up their interest in Gabriel Jesus, thus leaving DCL in the mire?

75 million release clause 30 million in wages per year, think we might be out of the running anyway :)

From Nicolo Schira? don't know if he is any good though?
Oh he’s a known fake/blagger. Not to say it won’t happen though as there’s been links!

Put FFP/P+S to one side for a moment and imagine the club will be operating on a simplistic model of whatever fees we bring in may be used for signings.

Its all about who we can move out from those groups Whether out of contract or through sales to generate enough funds for a new spine.

The obvious ones are:
Gomes
Kean
Keane
Tosun (OOC)
Delph (OOC)
Gbamin
Allan

Mina
Davies
Rondon (One year option)

Richarlison
Pickford
Dele
Iwobi

Holgate
Godfrey
Branthwaite
DCL

I hope that our first two signings are Colwill and Gilmour from Chelsea. I think they would cost around £40mil.

1 × CB
1 × CM
2 × CF

Thats going to cost big money and even if we get fees for squad players it isnt going to be enough.

Pickford, Godfrey, DCL, Richarlison surely wont all be here next season although it looks likely Juventus will pay £25mil+ for Kean in June.

Somehow we need to keep hold of our better players whilst recycling others to bring in high potential younger players for long term stability in the spine.

Its building towards one of the biggest summers of activity I think we have seen.
Surely we're not going to do the sign a player who doesn't stand out playing for 20th place Norwich mistake again

….got to love an @Zatara list.

I think we can concentrate on this thread with more certainty with another 5 points in the bag.

Everything I said in the post would apply if we were relegated (which we wont be).

Whether were up/down we should still follow the same strategy of selling players at 'value' and reinvesting in youth with perhaps 2 older heads.

Ive never thought we would go down and have full faith in Thelwell and Lampard to turn the clubs fortunes around.

The obvious ones are:
Gomes
Kean
Keane
Tosun (OOC)
Delph (OOC)
Gbamin
Allan

Mina
Davies
Rondon (One year option)

Richarlison
Pickford
Dele
Iwobi

Holgate
Godfrey
Branthwaite
DCL

1 × CB
1 × CM
2 × CF

My thumb nearly fell off scrolling through all that. Is there version for dummies ?

My thumb nearly fell off scrolling through all that. Is there version for dummies ?

Even if we sell players like Keane, Allan,Gomes and the like its not going to generate enough funds to buy a new spine (CB/CM/CF).

So we will have to sell some of our high value players Pickford, Godfrey, DCL, Richarlison and hope Juventus sign Kean for £25mil+.

The obvious ones are:
Gomes
Kean
Keane
Tosun (OOC)
Delph (OOC)
Gbamin
Allan

Mina
Davies
Rondon (One year option)

Richarlison
Pickford
Dele
Iwobi

Holgate
Godfrey
Branthwaite
DCL

1 × CB
1 × CM
2 × CF

Gilmour no good at Norwich and another midget? So no no.

Even if we sell players like Keane, Allan,Gomes and the like its not going to generate enough funds to buy a new spine (CB/CM/CF).

So we will have to sell some of our high value players Pickford, Godfrey, DCL, Richarlison and hope Juventus sign Kean for £25mil+.

Sell big. Invest smart.

Yeah ? ?

Gilmour no good at Norwich and another midget? So no no.

Delph is 5'9 with hair. Gilmour 5'7 and very talented as a deep lying playmaker to sit between defence and midfield.

Which player would you have for that role?

Sell big. Invest smart.

Yeah ? ?

Its still a gamble to sell someone like Pickford and replace with Bazunu...Godfrey for Colwill...Allan for Gilmour and DCL+Kean for Gouiri.

But i think its a more sensible risk than keeping almost all of your high value players and relying on selling squad players.

Im in favour of a massive cull and huge recycle.

The obvious ones are:
Gomes
Kean
Keane
Tosun (OOC)
Delph (OOC)
Gbamin
Allan

Mina
Davies
Rondon (One year option)

Richarlison
Pickford
Dele
Iwobi

Holgate
Godfrey
Branthwaite
DCL

1 × CB
1 × CM
2 × CF

Don't get this jizz parade for Gilmour, slow and poor in a very poor side, is it because he is young he is a good signing?

We are not going to ship out that many players in one go, it doesn't and will never work as you need a squad

We will need to replace the Delph position sitting in front of the back four, Big Yerry at center back and Calvert Lewin who I think will be at Newcastle

Delph is 5'9 with hair. Gilmour 5'7 and very talented as a deep lying playmaker to sit between defence and midfield.

Which player would you have for that role?

Its still a gamble to sell someone like Pickford and replace with Bazunu...Godfrey for Colwill...Allan for Gilmour and DCL+Kean for Gouiri.

But i think its a more sensible risk than keeping almost all of your high value players and relying on selling squad players.

Im in favour of a massive cull and huge recycle.
Just not Gilmour he doesn’t even start that much for a 20th team.

Status
Not open for further replies.