2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he isn't fit enough, still has an injury or whatever, then he shouldn't be on the bench.
I think in normal circumstances he wouldn’t be. He’s clearly not fully fit and think Lampard is reluctant to use him as it could set him back again. If we beat Watford, wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t pay again this season.

I think in normal circumstances he wouldn’t be. He’s clearly not fully fit and think Lampard is reluctant to use him as it could set him back again. If we beat Watford, wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t pay again this season.
But if that's the case, stick Dobbin on the bench.

All the Dom haters should watch this.

If we didn't already know - and we really should know by now - players DO GET AFFECTED BY SOCIAL MEDIA, CHANTS, CHEERS, JEERS etc. Even if they're being paid more than we are, and we don't like it, and they should be scoring 30 a season, and all in their own starting XIs for their country and winning us the champions league every year, they are human, and they get bothered by targeted abuse. This recent example was eye opening, when Iwobi said that he's being cheered for failed passes, just because he is working hard, the fans see the effort and intent. I always think players deserve all the support as long as theyre with us. It's up to the manager to decide about their effort, commitment and quality in training, we can just choose that they're one of us. And when we get swayed by gutter trash rumours like we are about DCL, it's worse. As if we know when players' 'heads are turned'??!!

Odd one. If he was got enough for the bench why did Rondon come on?

I’m not saying it was the wrong choice, I think Rondon does work harder than DCL is at the moment and has better touch and link up play but I would have thought Lampard might have wanted to use DCL to challenge for some high clearances. Unless he wasn’t fit, but then what’s the point of having him on the bench? To chase the game?

Last he game he played he didn't win a single aerial challenge as he was was either to late or to early and he barely won anything on the ground so I presume Rondon would be a better bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.