2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's seems a confusing situation.

If he wasn't bothered, was unfocused, and more bothered about leaving to arsenal, I don't think Lampard would even be putting him on the bench.

If he isn't fit enough, still has an injury or whatever, then he shouldn't be on the bench.

So, to me, it's not that he doesn't want to be here, it's just that for what Lampard wants right now, he isn't the best option for it.

I would anticipate we do see him vs Watford though in terms of rotation and keeping people fresh. If we don't, I think he is gone in all honesty.
Really curious situation. If he was fit enough for a bench slot against Chelsea he should’ve been fit enough to come on when Rondon did 7 days later, unless he genuinely has fallen below Rondon in the pecking order.

I guess possibly we want to sell in the summer and don’t want to risk his injury by playing him, but don’t want to alarm potential buyers by dropping him from the squad entirely. That or the Arsenal transfer is agreed as has been hinted at for months and all parties are happy just to have him twiddling his thumbs til then.

Really curious situation. If he was fit enough for a bench slot against Chelsea he should’ve been fit enough to come on when Rondon did 7 days later, unless he genuinely has fallen below Rondon in the pecking order.

I guess possibly we want to sell in the summer and don’t want to risk his injury by playing him, but don’t want to alarm potential buyers by dropping him from the squad entirely. That or the Arsenal transfer is agreed as has been hinted at for months and all parties are happy just to have him twiddling his thumbs til then.
Not sure that even we are stupid enough to agree a deal that weakens us before we have guaranteed our survival.

Not sure that even we are stupid enough to agree a deal that weakens us before we have guaranteed our survival.
A summer transfer could’ve been agreed months ago, and if it was it might’ve been sensible business to lock in an acceptable fee, given injury concerns and doubts about relegation.

A summer transfer could’ve been agreed months ago, and if it was it might’ve been sensible business to lock in an acceptable fee, given injury concerns and doubts about relegation.

It could point to that...or it could point to injuries and recovery time.

I think @Neiler expects £60mil for him but id take £40mil at this point.

The injuries over an entire season are a major concern.

With Kean going as well that would be £65mil in the coffers to aid the rebuild.

I hope Frank can resuscitate DCL because when Dom is on song he is a top player and replacing him
with anyone as good is unlikely - and in EFC's recent history a statistical impossibility.

Like all of you I have no idea why DCL is not playing but watching that carthorse Roldan come on
makes me think that it has to be serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.