Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a player who dictates play, a player who will thrive in a team that wants the ball and try’s to control pocession and work it through lines, he always shows, always want the ball, thats the type of side I think Frank wants us to evolve us to. At some stage we will have to transition and recruit those type of players if Frank is going to stay.

He needs to improve the defensive side of his game, in some ways Norwich is a good learning expierence for him, learning whats it’s like to be under the Kosh and not always getting on the ball. Did young flash no harm last season. You learn nothing and you dont improve in most things in your career if you keep just doing the things your good at and don’t try and develop things that could be improved.

At around the same age Modric was being loaned to Dinimo Zagreb. ;)
Technically he is very good but just is just too lightweight.

He maybe a similar size to Bernardo Silva , for instance , but seems so much less robust.

The comparison to Barry Bannon is a very good one I fear.

Kean £25mil
Keane £10mil
Mina £10mil
DCL £40mil
Allan £10mil
Gbamin £5mil

£100mil

Not sure Nketiah or Tarkowski would be any good. But it would be good to have £100mil to spend on players with the above leaving.

Id want Gomes gone as well.
For once ( not necessarily by you Zat ) those player valuations are realistic , although I'd be surprised if we got £40m for DCL as things stand.
I also think Nketiah might have something - but then I thought the same of Sandro!

We are trying to raise 120 mil from player sales to reinvest into the squad

To me that screams that the following are likely to be sold

Kean
Keane
Mina
Big Dom
Allan
Gbamin

Then the following will be released

Kenny
Sigurdsson
Tosun
Delph

Bring in Tarkowski and Nketiah on frees and loan a chelsea player

Richarlison only goes if we get silly money like 80+ mil from PSG or Man Utd

I can see us selling most of them, but Mina only has a year left and Is very brittle, I’m not sure we could sell him, possibly better to keep him but sign someone else who is first choice. I don’t know if anyone would want Gbamin either, maybe someone in France or Germany where the games are not as intense and he has a positive reputation.

We need 3 central midfielders though if we sell Alan, and Gbamin, sigurdsson and Delph going on a free and VDB going back to Utd from his loan.
I think we are bound to be linked with Chelsea players like Loftus-Cheek, Gilmour, Barkley.

We have been linked with Barcelona CB Clement Lenglet again and CM Gavi

If we did want to become a posession based team then we'd need to bring in a few new players -- who are superior on the ball.

For instance, two of my favourites like Godfrey and Richarlison may be sacrificed to bring in £100mil which may allow us to sign Colwill, Gilmour and also Gallagher.

Then you have players like Keane, Allan and Kean who can go that would top up the coffers for a top DM.

The whole process wouldnt happen to be successful overnight. I imagine it would take 3 seasons of intelligent recruitment before we have the top players needed to threaten the best teams.

That Brighton side is very nice on the eye but lacks the top quality in areas. A Lampard version of that with the qualities of Gilmour, Gallagher and Colwill along with Mykolenko, Patterson, Pickford, Gordon and Iwobi could be a superior version in season one.
No way will Chelsea be selling Colwill, though he may be loaned out. With the amount of defenders leaving the club, Colwill will probably be part of the first team squad.

Gallagher will definitely not be leaving. Tuchel has constantly stated that he will be playing a big part at Chelsea next season, so any talk of a transfer or loan is wishful thinking.

Not sure if Gilmour will be staying or leaving. Kante and Jorginho could both be leaving in the summer, if rumours are correct, so he may be a part of Tuchel’s plans.

The setup Lampard has around him now has some potential, New DoF but also in Clement a very experienced guy, throw in Lampards connections with Chelsea and the coaching staffs links to the under 21s etc and think we will see a very very different recruitment approach too recent years (thank God)

My biggest hope is that what we see now continues (the fans and manager completely buying into each other) and we allow Lampard to build a team for the long term not as a short term attempt to save a job (like other managers did)

I saw in one article Thelwell has a "no knobheads" policy. I can see (positive) bits of his uncle in Lampard too, in getting a read on someone's character quite quickly. He himself would have been a leading pro in most dressing rooms, so is going to know what players are limited and what players are cheats. It's the difference between say an Andre Gomes and a Tom Davies.

I know Moyes had a similar approach, he wanted to sign good people first and then decent footballers. You can see Cahill is more loosely involved and he's an example of this. But you look at the Moyes team, and a lot of them he signed/used have gone on to have respected careers in the game at other clubs. Weir, Carsley, Cahill, Donovan, Howard etc.

To me we will move away from glamour signings and look for people who want to roll their sleeves up a bit first.

…notice Leeds linked with a Coventry CB on loan from Chelsea, Jake Clarke-Salter. Contract is up this summer, his CV doesn’t exactly excite but I presume Lampard knows him well so I wouldn’t be surprised if there are also links to us.

I said similar about their right back Sterling who I saw play against our under 21's and it out of contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.