Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the fact that Norwich fans think Gilmour is the worst signing for years and Gallagher will be in Chelsea’s first team squad next season. There is an vast difference in their potential

I see it that Gallagher will play around 20 times for Chelsea, Gilmour will be in the Championship.

Life is full of small consolations.

1652138003099.jpeg

But you know Norwich and stuff.

Gilmour looked good at Chelsea, but has been awful at Norwich and their fans can’t stand him. My problem with him is; he’ll look good when you have 60% possession and there’s space for him, but here where we have >40%. A huge change in our style for him to be any good here I feel.

Gilmour will be a championship level player ultimately imo. I feel sorry for him a bit but it is harder than ever to make it if you are both slow and weak. I would compare him to a Joe Allan or Barry Bannan. Might have a decent international career but not what we need

Gilmour over rated

I appreciate Kane also had a troubled loan spell at Norwich but Gilmour has been arguably their worst player.

For what it’s worth I’m not getting hot under the collar about Gilmour either, but I’d counter your possession point by saying the way you get from <40% to 60% is with better passers of the ball, which he undoubtedly is.

Our issue with Gallacher is hes coming off a great season, so there is going to be a hefty premium on him. I'd love him on loan, and think theres an option there, but we probably need to be getting lads like him a year earlier.

Gilmour on the other hand is probably just as talented, and coming off a poor season, so could be moving nicely into our hitting range.

When I initially mentioned Gilmour it was due to Lampard (potentially) moving to a more posession based style of play.

When he plays for Chelsea or for Scotland with more time on the ball and less pressing he looks phenomenal. A possible future world class player.

If you were to put Gilmour into Xavi's Barcelona team then Im confident he'd look like a superstar.

You look at Eriksen for Spurs (posession based) or Brentford (posession based) and he's been brilliant (also for Denmark). Would he look as good in a Norwich team who simply arent a posession heavy side?

Take Dele's signing and then think back to how good he was when he had Eriksen feeding the ball to him. Their wide players also had a field day with some of the balls be played -- Spurs were at their best with Eriksen and Dele.

Now look at this summer, we could be moving on quite a number of players but have a core of players that could do quite well in a posession based setup.

If the summer strategy were to move players on and replace them with younger players with high technical ability then it would make sense to bring Gilmour in.

If the idea is to stick with our current setup and tactics then, as with Dele it would make no sense to sign Gilmour...

...but then the Dele signing also wouldnt make any sense so he should be moved on in the summer.

I think if you took Iniesta or Xavi and put them into our current team playing 541 then it would be like having 10 men.

We saw flashes in the Leicester game where we passed the ball around and were 'relatively' comfortable doing so...yet there was no one in defence or midfield who could play that killer ball.

Thats what Gilmour would bring along with setting the tempo. But we would have to be focused on a posession based approach AND bring in a top notch player alongside him who is either box to box or a pure DM -- Spurs had Dembele.

The other player i mentioned in Colwill would suit either 3 or 4 at the back and is very comfortable as a left sided centre back who can play out from the back. He's the highest rated player below Chelsea's first team.

Thelwell likes the 352 formation (he wrote the book on it) and Lampard does seem to enjoy the 3 at the back or the 433. Both of these could suit both Gilmour and Colwill.

If as the rumours suggest we sell Moise Kean in the next month then I would happily move him on + one of our centre backs and sign both of these players.

If Chelsea were to let them go.

Gallacher the only factor we have is Lampard, the lads boyhood Chelsea and the same position basically, can guess who his idol is

Gallagher

Our issue with Gallacher is hes coming off a great season, so there is going to be a hefty premium on him. I'd love him on loan, and think theres an option there, but we probably need to be getting lads like him a year earlier.

Thing is mate Gallacher is plain and simply just much better

What makes you think that? Hes had a better season, I'd say they were similar in terms of potential though.

Gallacher It's a different thing he just looks quality and looks rather like he doesn't need a system built around covering any weakness.

I'll probably be vaulted for this, but think the guy will end up with similar numbers to Gerrard if Chelsea actually go with him.

It's a big shout but fair play for giving your opinion.

I don't think he's bad at all, but not sure I'd put him in that category. He more developed than Gilmour though and a more easy to fit in to the physical demands of the league, whereas you feel Gilmour would need the team built around him a bit (as Scotland do).

I just don't think we would have the money to bring Gallacher in at this point, unless they let us have him on loan for a year.

If we did want to become a posession based team then we'd need to bring in a few new players -- who are superior on the ball.

For instance, two of my favourites like Godfrey and Richarlison may be sacrificed to bring in £100mil which may allow us to sign Colwill, Gilmour and also Gallagher.

Then you have players like Keane, Allan and Kean who can go that would top up the coffers for a top DM.

The whole process wouldnt happen to be successful overnight. I imagine it would take 3 seasons of intelligent recruitment before we have the top players needed to threaten the best teams.

That Brighton side is very nice on the eye but lacks the top quality in areas. A Lampard version of that with the qualities of Gilmour, Gallagher and Colwill along with Mykolenko, Patterson, Pickford, Gordon and Iwobi could be a superior version in season one.

We are trying to raise 120 mil from player sales to reinvest into the squad

To me that screams that the following are likely to be sold

Kean
Keane
Mina
Big Dom
Allan
Gbamin

Then the following will be released

Kenny
Sigurdsson
Tosun
Delph

Bring in Tarkowski and Nketiah on frees and loan a chelsea player

Richarlison only goes if we get silly money like 80+ mil from PSG or Man Utd

Completely forgot about Siggurdsson. 100k a week and his ‘book cost’ off the wage bill.

Kean going and us getting money early for him.

Weirdly if we stay up we should be in a much better financial position
By weirdly, I meant, despite the disaster of a season. If we stay up we will have players leaving and the finance side of it starting to look more positive. Especially if we get good money for DCL.

By weirdly, I meant, despite the disaster of a season. If we stay up we will have players leaving and the finance side of it starting to look more positive. Especially if we get good money for DCL.
We might have a good bond between manager, players and fans, as well as healthier finances and maybe even a DoF who’s left to do his job in peace.

What a time to be alive that would be!

We are trying to raise 120 mil from player sales to reinvest into the squad

To me that screams that the following are likely to be sold

Kean
Keane
Mina
Big Dom
Allan
Gbamin

Then the following will be released

Kenny
Sigurdsson
Tosun
Delph

Bring in Tarkowski and Nketiah on frees and loan a chelsea player

Richarlison only goes if we get silly money like 80+ mil from PSG or Man Utd
Kean £25mil
Keane £10mil
Mina £10mil
DCL £40mil
Allan £10mil
Gbamin £5mil

£100mil

Not sure Nketiah or Tarkowski would be any good. But it would be good to have £100mil to spend on players with the above leaving.

Id want Gomes gone as well.

@Nymzee reference comment "he isn't"

See Erling Haaland is off to Man City, so you would expect Arsenal to follow up their interest in Gabriel Jesus, thus leaving DCL in the mire?

75 million release clause 30 million in wages per year, think we might be out of the running anyway :)

From Nicolo Schira? don't know if he is any good though?

Has now been confirmed also by Fabrizio Romano and Dortmund to invest 38 million of the 75 million they are getting on Karim Adeyemi

Both deals have been completed, official announcement this week :)

Life is full of small consolations.

View attachment 164957

But you know Norwich and stuff.

No mate I have an opinion based on what I have seen whilst watching the games, apologies that it doesn't agree with yours and Zat's but I suppose that's why everyone is different

But you know your Chelsea and stuff!

Also, great picture, I am sure there is one of Djimi Traore holding said European Cup also

No mate I have an opinion based on what I have seen whilst watching the games, apologies that it doesn't agree with yours and Zat's but I suppose that's why everyone is different

Also, great picture, I am sure there is one of Djimi Traore holding said European Cup also
You beast :(

At Traore at least played in the Final when they won it.

Exactly, if it was me id take that money and be straight on the phone to Chelsea to sign Colwill.

If we then sold 2 centre backs e.g Keane + 1 more we'd probably cover Colwill's fee as well plus save a lot in wages.

…notice Leeds linked with a Coventry CB on loan from Chelsea, Jake Clarke-Salter. Contract is up this summer, his CV doesn’t exactly excite but I presume Lampard knows him well so I wouldn’t be surprised if there are also links to us.

…notice Leeds linked with a Coventry CB on loan from Chelsea, Jake Clarke-Salter. Contract is up this summer, his CV doesn’t exactly excite but I presume Lampard knows him well so I wouldn’t be surprised if there are also links to us.

The setup Lampard has around him now has some potential, New DoF but also in Clement a very experienced guy, throw in Lampards connections with Chelsea and the coaching staffs links to the under 21s etc and think we will see a very very different recruitment approach too recent years (thank God)

My biggest hope is that what we see now continues (the fans and manager completely buying into each other) and we allow Lampard to build a team for the long term not as a short term attempt to save a job (like other managers did)

Status
Not open for further replies.