Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guehi went to Swansea on loan last season and Palace signed him for £18-20mil last summer. He's now got an England cap.

Colwill is apparently more highly rated at Chelsea, 2 years younger and seems to be doing better at Huddersfield than Guehi performed in the championship.

If we could get him for a similar fee to Guehi went for then we'd have him and Branthwaite as long term centre backs.

With Patterson and Mykolenko in the full back areas thats a long term back 4.

If also enables us to move a couple of players on to generate further funds and lower the wage bill:

Colwill
Mina
Keane
Holgate
Branthwaite
Godfrey

If he was our first signing id be thrilled. if hes as good as Guehi we'll have a bargain and straight into the team.

As for Gilmour, it depends on whether Lampard wants to reunite with him. He shone at Chelsea under him and has huge potential.

Sitting between defence and midfield in the Delph role he could act as a deep lying playmaker. Only has a year on his contract and would probably ask to leave if Lampard was interested in him.

If Lampard wanted him then it would signal a move to a more posession based passing style next season and he would be the best passer at the club.

Perhaps £15mil for him.

I think both players would improve the first 11.
If we signed Colwill, we still have a crocked Mina, crap Keane & Holgate, Godfrey who can’t win a header and Branthwaite who Lampard doesn’t seem ready. So the same options as this season (crap) but with a 19 year old, I just think we need a leader with experience there before we look at a younger player. I’m not saying he’s a bad player btw.

Gilmour looked good at Chelsea, but has been awful at Norwich and their fans can’t stand him. My problem with him is; he’ll look good when you have 60% possession and there’s space for him, but here where we have >40%. A huge change in our style for him to be any good here I feel.

Loans with options to buy would be the best bet imo

…I think it’s difficult to identify targets with a new manager and DoF.

If the DoF has come via a route from Wolves & USA, he might be used to working in specific markets. His track record might be more of a hint as to who we might sign (rather than players linked in the past).

Lampard will have his own targets. I’m a bit more concerned that he’s impressed with ‘busy’ players more than effective players but I suppose he got some decent loan deals for Derby. I did like the young CB he had on loan from Chelsea (Tomori?).

it’s a needle in a haystack nominating players, too many imponderables especially with uncertainty over our future & not knowing budgets etc.

Decent is undercooking it mate, he had mount on loan at derby amongst others.

He looks a good player, but,, I'm not sure how robust he is, I'm just not sure he has the physicality to be worth a punt for us. Undoubtedly a decent player, but, I feel he would do better with better players around him than we can offer. Gallagher, on the other hand, could, I feel, walk into any team and impress, however, he is far to good for us, he would be too far too expensive and would aspire to a better team than our's.

Gallacher the only factor we have is Lampard, the lads boyhood Chelsea and the same position basically, can guess who his idol is

If we signed Colwill, we still have a crocked Mina, crap Keane & Holgate, Godfrey who can’t win a header and Branthwaite who Lampard doesn’t seem ready. So the same options as this season (crap) but with a 19 year old, I just think we need a leader with experience there before we look at a younger player. I’m not saying he’s a bad player btw.

Gilmour looked good at Chelsea, but has been awful at Norwich and their fans can’t stand him. My problem with him is; he’ll look good when you have 60% possession and there’s space for him, but here where we have >40%. A huge change in our style for him to be any good here I feel.

Central defence is a massive worry for me, that goal against Leicester summed us up this season, but that needs major surgery.

Gilmour will be a championship level player ultimately imo. I feel sorry for him a bit but it is harder than ever to make it if you are both slow and weak. I would compare him to a Joe Allan or Barry Bannan. Might have a decent international career but not what we need

Gallacher the only factor we have is Lampard, the lads boyhood Chelsea and the same position basically, can guess who his idol is
If we were to sell both Rich and DCL and the Moise Keane sale proceeds come in we might be able to sign Gallagher and Toney with a little left over for a CDM

Guehi went to Swansea on loan last season and Palace signed him for £18-20mil last summer. He's now got an England cap.

Colwill is apparently more highly rated at Chelsea, 2 years younger and seems to be doing better at Huddersfield than Guehi performed in the championship.

If we could get him for a similar fee to Guehi went for then we'd have him and Branthwaite as long term centre backs.

With Patterson and Mykolenko in the full back areas thats a long term back 4.

If also enables us to move a couple of players on to generate further funds and lower the wage bill:

Colwill
Mina
Keane
Holgate
Branthwaite
Godfrey

If he was our first signing id be thrilled. if hes as good as Guehi we'll have a bargain and straight into the team.

As for Gilmour, it depends on whether Lampard wants to reunite with him. He shone at Chelsea under him and has huge potential.

Sitting between defence and midfield in the Delph role he could act as a deep lying playmaker. Only has a year on his contract and would probably ask to leave if Lampard was interested in him.

If Lampard wanted him then it would signal a move to a more posession based passing style next season and he would be the best passer at the club.

Perhaps £15mil for him.

I think both players would improve the first 11.
I appreciate Kane also had a troubled loan spell at Norwich but Gilmour has been arguably their worst player.

For what it’s worth I’m not getting hot under the collar about Gilmour either, but I’d counter your possession point by saying the way you get from <40% to 60% is with better passers of the ball, which he undoubtedly is.

Our issue with Gallacher is hes coming off a great season, so there is going to be a hefty premium on him. I'd love him on loan, and think theres an option there, but we probably need to be getting lads like him a year earlier.

Gilmour on the other hand is probably just as talented, and coming off a poor season, so could be moving nicely into our hitting range.

Our issue with Gallacher is hes coming off a great season, so there is going to be a hefty premium on him. I'd love him on loan, and think theres an option there, but we probably need to be getting lads like him a year earlier.

Gilmour on the other hand is probably just as talented, and coming off a poor season, so could be moving nicely into our hitting range.

Thing is mate Gallacher is plain and simply just much better

Status
Not open for further replies.