Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if we stay up I don't think it should be locked tbh

For the past few years anyone who suggested there was a permanent rot at the club and that relegation might happen was called a "bed wetter" or worse

This thread should be kept open as a regular reminder that we have no divine right to remain in the Premier League and that we are not too big to go down

I'm convinced that if we do stay up it will be because we've dug in and fought for it as a fan base by supporting the players. This thread and the pain within might be a good way to stop us from letting complacency creep in again

Interestingly came about after the performance in the derby. Which we tend to collapse in so many times. I wonder if whats go on since at the Chelsea game or finch farm would have happened if we'd been battered there.

Even if we stay up I don't think it should be locked tbh

For the past few years anyone who suggested there was a permanent rot at the club and that relegation might happen was called a "bed wetter" or worse

This thread should be kept open as a regular reminder that we have no divine right to remain in the Premier League and that we are not too big to go down

I'm convinced that if we do stay up it will be because we've dug in and fought for it as a fan base by supporting the players. This thread and the pain within might be a good way to stop us from letting complacency creep in again
I agree. Leave this thread as a monument.

Like the bombed out remains of Coventry Cathedral.

Never again.

One game at a time.
We Cannot show any complacency now, that’s what got us into this mess.

We have to go and perform, fight, run, tackle like we have against Chelsea and Leicester for the entire match against Watford and take those 3 points. The fans will be amazing as per so it’s up to the players now, and they’ve responded so far.

Yerry is a miss but so glad Myko is fit. Fronk might have to change it up a little, do I go i could see dele, rondon and maybe Allan starting, and I don’t think they would let us down.

Never like playing teams with injury crises, as one of the unknown players who comes in normally has their only good game against us and is never seen again, but hope it works in our favour this time.

Hopefully We better Leeds result, then Leeds and Burnley have lost before we start on Sunday, and it will be an unreal atmosphere at the old lady on Sunday.

UTFT!

He will have emerged with huge credit if we can get over the line, and particularly so with a degree of relative comfort and going on a bit of a run, by Everton standards at least. I want to us take all the remaining games by the scruff of the neck, and do so until and after we are safe.

The summer is an entirely different proposition but he then goes into that period should the above come to pass, as a hugely popular figure amongst fans, and a with mark of credibility and trust having steered us to safety, albeit that being no cause whatsoever for celebration.

The next steps require both a continuation of some of the qualities he has shown to date, and a different skillset he will have a chance to show that he either posseses, or does not.

The side has been well organised and hard working for most of the recent period. I'm all for the fist-thumping element also. There is definately something there that can be harnessed for the continuing benefit of the team with him as the fulcrum and central figure.

The harder parts are the reset of the squad and working with Thelwell to carve out a new team and squad that for the medium-term can at least avoid a regular relegation scrap and begin to look upwards, particularly in such strained financial circumstances. But that too, if carefully managed can be turned to our advantage. There is a siege mentality at the club now, and I see it as a wonderful opportunity. We used to deride plucky old Everton, but lets get some of that back and return again to being the underdog that bites.

This is a great opportunity for Lampard to solidify a relationship with the club that goes beyond Moshiri's whims and hare-brained ideas. He can leverage the support he now has but the hard part is recognising that influence and using it to win internal battles and managing in an analytical and strategic way to eke out improvements everywhere on the football side. We must improve in every conceivable aspect.

A large part of that will be down to player recruitment which he can influence and business recruitment which he obviously cannot. Time will tell but with the stadium also taking shape, I see opportunity in a time of difficulty.
i think, strangely, this fight will make us more attractive for player recruitment than if we had just sleepwalked to mid table as per usual. A team on the up with a young hungry manager? Get in on the ground floor....

Lots of injuries apparently for Watford tonight to their first team players. We need to start quick.

CD92FF2D-A232-428D-90D3-BB9879FD073D.jpeg

Never mind Leeds and Burnley….I am looking up at Saints now.

They five points ahead of us, we have two games in hsnd.

They have two games left….home to RS, away to Foxes.

I can’t see them picking up another point :dance:

One thing is certain mate, they won't be able to just roll over against the rs as their fans will be demanding some kind of effort in their last home game.

I think they're in big trouble but it all depends on what we do and Leeds and Burnley.

Either way, 3 points tonight will move us 3 points closer to safety so tonight is absolutely massive.

….did a bit of trolling opposition fans forums earlier, general view is Watford are protecting their sellable assets tonight. Some Watford fans actually think their might be more effort without many of the regulars & Hodgson always has the team organised defensively.

Little or no positivity in Leeds or Burnley chat rooms, they will get a real lift if we lose tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.