2021/22 Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s crazy that you can have players pushing harder to get back to fitness when injured considering their job is to get fit to be ready for matches but Franks comments (whilst being overly positive about how hard Godfrey is working) do cast a negative light on VDB who they’re just ‘hoping is fit for the weekend’.

100% that's Lampard basically saying "your attitude and desire to play football stinks"
If I were his PR man, I'd be advising him to wear a frock and get on to the people at GQ.

In this way, he will be excused for being about as interested in playing for Everton as Yerry Mina.

….good managers select teams to win the next game. If DVdB was available for tonight, Lampard shouldn’t be excluding him because he won’t be here next season.

I absolutely disagree wholeheartedly with this. I don’t think he’s good enough to shoehorn into the team regardless of whether he’s committed to the cause or not, he doesn’t deserve to come back into the team on merit.

100% that's Lampard basically saying "your attitude and desire to play football stinks"
Dutch players are notorious for only wanting to play when 100% fit.

Lampard‘s view will be if you’re 80% fit or carrying a knock, get out there and play for the club. This is the correct attitude given our current situation. We’re desperate for points and are still far from safe. God I hope we win tonight!

However, if VDB has been told that he’s not being signed permanently then I can see it from his point of view. If He plays and gets properly injured then what? He’ll spend all summer doing rehab at United, who also don’t want him.

Also if he gets a serious injury and isn’t fit for the start of the next season then he’ll miss out on another loan somewhere else. He’s not done enough here to warrant us or anyone else wanting him permanently.

Difficult situation. Of course we’d all prefer him to want to get out there and help the team who pay his wages, but footballers often only look after their own interests.

I absolutely disagree wholeheartedly with this. I don’t think he’s good enough to shoehorn into the team regardless of whether he’s committed to the cause or not, he doesn’t deserve to come back into the team on merit.

….that’s not the point I was making. The poster said Lampard is considering players who will be available to him next season & I said he should be considering every player available to him now.

….that’s not the point I was making. The poster said Lampard is considering players who will be available to him next season & I said he should be considering every player available to him now.

Fair enough, I read it wrong. However if he was available I wouldn’t be considering him myself.

Fair enough, I read it wrong. However if he was available I wouldn’t be considering him myself.

…yep, there was the Leeds game (I think) where he looked really good in the team shape, very comfortable in possession and being involved in most of the things that happened that day. Perhaps he’s been shoe-horned in on a few occasions since, but it’s a loan that has not worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.