2021/22 Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dutch players are notorious for only wanting to play when 100% fit.

Lampard‘s view will be if you’re 80% fit or carrying a knock, get out there and play for the club. This is the correct attitude given our current situation. We’re desperate for points and are still far from safe. God I hope we win tonight!

However, if VDB has been told that he’s not being signed permanently then I can see it from his point of view. If He plays and gets properly injured then what? He’ll spend all summer doing rehab at United, who also don’t want him.

Also if he gets a serious injury and isn’t fit for the start of the next season then he’ll miss out on another loan somewhere else. He’s not done enough here to warrant us or anyone else wanting him permanently.

Difficult situation. Of course we’d all prefer him to want to get out there and help the team who pay his wages, but footballers often only look after their own interests.

He came on loan, I think we had about 14/15 matches left didn't we at that stage?

He's put in 2 quality performances (Leeds and City) and then basically missed about 8/9 others.

His point of view should be "I want to play every bloody minute imaginable as I've just sat on my arse at Utd for 2 years".

Doesn't reflect very well on him, getting a great opportunity to show what he's about and he's probably done a grand total of 160 minutes since the end of January.

It was very clear from Lampard’s press conference that VDB has pretty much given up.
He mentioned VDB and Godfrey are at the same stage to come back but Godfrey is working really really hard to be ready, not one comment on VDB.

1652431159264.png

Version 2

Status
Not open for further replies.