2021/22 Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether or not Lampard approved signings or not, and allowing for the very short time he had that day, sooner or later an Everton manager will have to resist signings being made that he can't or won't use. If they have to threaten to resign so be it. We're in this mess precisely because of appalling recruitment and agendas being imposed top down.

It's always tricky with us, we cannot go out and source the top talent and you cannot just buy a team full of youngsters who have potential. If we make the step to European football then transfers can take on larger scrutiny, for now it is going to very much hit and miss.

The pressure playing for Everton is a lot greater than most other clubs.

Dele Ali may yet come good. He clearly has the ability to succeed, it’s a matter of helping him get the mental side right.

I never write off players this early. They need a chance first. After all, would have predicted Iwobi’s upturn?
I have my doubts. I accept there has been a number of managerial changes at Spurs over the last two years but Alli’s performances have been largely forgettable, despite being surrounded by far better calibre of player than we have.

I have my doubts. I accept there has been a number of managerial changes at Spurs over the last two years but Alli’s performances have been largely forgettable, despite being surrounded by far better calibre of player than we have.
That’s fair enough.

Sometimes a change of environment is required.

Let’s wait and see.

The parallels to Davy Klaassen are unbelievable. Thank god he’s on loan. Has anybody said “his runs drag opposition players out of position” yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.