2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
What puzzles me is if we were going to play a back 5 all night, why we didn't start one of him or Gray on the bench (as both desperately need a rest) to bring them on for the last 25 minutes with fresh legs.

We're running our creative outlets (who aren't exactly prolific in terms of creativity anyway) into the ground while playing a game every three days. It's poor squad management and might cost us.*

*Leeds seem all over the show, so that probably keeps us afloat.

If we were still a top 10 team he'd be out on loan to some Championship side, that's just the fact of it. He's still young but not so young that he can escape from criticism. Can't take a set piece, can't shoot, can't cross. If he can't use his pace he's got nothing except rolling around the place. See what he's like next season but I think he's gonna be yet another case of if he wasn't an Evertonian he wouldn't be near the squad. Prove me wrong.

If we stay up, he'll have been one of the biggest reasons why, but he's definitely better suited to opponents that keep it open.

Get him off those set-pieces, though.

If we were still a top 10 team he'd be out on loan to some Championship side, that's just the fact of it. He's still young but not so young that he can escape from criticism. Can't take a set piece, can't shoot, can't cross. If he can't use his pace he's got nothing except rolling around the place. See what he's like next season but I think he's gonna be yet another case of if he wasn't an Evertonian he wouldn't be near the squad. Prove me wrong.
Agree, he panics and takes the easy option or rushes every final ball. Tiny bit of composure and he scores or assists tonight.

He looks absolutely exhausted, physically and mentally. Playing far too many minutes because the other more experienced options are poor. :
I don’t disagree but it’s important to remember he’s not a school kid. We’re not really overplaying him considering he’s 21. Whether he’s good enough to carry the burden is a different matter but there are people his age playing a lot more and under more pressure than he is.

I don’t disagree but it’s important to remember he’s not a school kid. We’re not really overplaying him considering he’s 21. Whether he’s good enough to carry the burden is a different matter but there are people his age playing a lot more and under more pressure than he is.
That’s a leap mate, he has to play every minute for us because the other options are shocking and we are in a relegation scrap. He’s also tasked with being on set pieces and working his nuts off to defend. Regardless of his age this is his first season of playing week in week out, it takes some seasoned internationals at least a season to get up to speed and others fall by the way side and most with less pressure on their shoulders than this kid

That’s a leap mate, he has to play every minute for us because the other options are shocking and we are in a relegation scrap. He’s also tasked with being on set pieces and working his nuts off to defend. Regardless of his age this is his first season of playing week in week out, it takes some seasoned internationals at least a season to get up to speed and others fall by the way side and most with less pressure on their shoulders than this kid
What’s a leap? Seriously like, people are playing in champions league and World Cup finals at his age let’s not make out like asking him to take a free kick at Watford is asking too much.

I’m not saying it to knock him, I’m just trying to be honest and realistic. As I said, maybe we’re asking too much of him in relation to where he’s actually at, but we’re not asking him to play too much or being unfair asking him to take set pieces etc (although I wish we wouldn’t).

They both have an end product and like to attack the opposition.
Do they? One of them is in a different stratosphere to the other and is in a league of his own at his age across world football, the other is about as quick. They are both at completely different ages of 21 and 25. They both have had completely different pathways through to the premier league and neither one of them bares any resemblance to how Gordon has or does play. You literally have no idea what you are talking about but please continue ?

Do they? One of them is in a different stratosphere to the other and is in a league of his own at his age across world football, the other is about as quick. They are both at completely different ages of 21 and 25. They both have had completely different pathways through to the premier league and neither one of them bares any resemblance to how Gordon has or does play. You literally have no idea what you are talking about but please continue ?

All 3 are pacey English attacking wide players who can play across the front line.

They are pretty similiar.

Im hardly comparing a CDM with a RW here...

Status
Not open for further replies.