2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

People who don't rate him, football isn't for you
We can rate him and also say he has a hell of a lot to work on

He's been dreadful on the ball in recent weeks. His decision-making really, really needs to improve. Or he'll end up like Gray.

I like Gordon a lot, just don't think he's the generational talent some seem to think he is. He's one of the most unproductive players in the league in his position. It'll come and it's unfortunate his breakthrough season is a relegation scrap. However, the fact we're relying on him goes some way to explaining why we are in such a bad position.

Not going to write him off yet but not sure he's premier league quality. He got them 2 goals in the loss to Brighton which was good. But never really kicked on from that. Scored a lucky deflected effort against man utd.

Had a good opportunity against a lower championship qualify outfit against Watford to really turn it on and didn't show up.

Not going to write him off yet but not sure he's premier league quality. He got them 2 goals in the loss to Brighton which was good. But never really kicked on from that. Scored a lucky deflected effort against man utd.

Had a good opportunity against a lower championship qualify outfit against Watford to really turn it on and didn't show up.
Then again, nobody else really showed up today either. Still think people need to give him more time. I know it’s been a long season, but that’s just it. It’s been one season.

Not sure that Man U want a “ star” player that goes around posing in woman’s clothes and wear school girl uniforms. Remember how much crap Beckham got for wearing a sarong?
"Crap" being massive endosement deals and a global fan following?

I think United would be happy to buy DCL if that were the case.

If we were still a top 10 team he'd be out on loan to some Championship side, that's just the fact of it. He's still young but not so young that he can escape from criticism. Can't take a set piece, can't shoot, can't cross. If he can't use his pace he's got nothing except rolling around the place. See what he's like next season but I think he's gonna be yet another case of if he wasn't an Evertonian he wouldn't be near the squad. Prove me wrong.

Thats just daft. If we were a good team then he'd be rotating in/out instead of playing 90mins every game with no other creative playeds to link with.

We can rate him and also say he has a hell of a lot to work on

He's been dreadful on the ball in recent weeks. His decision-making really, really needs to improve. Or he'll end up like Gray.

I like Gordon a lot, just don't think he's the generational talent some seem to think he is. He's one of the most unproductive players in the league in his position. It'll come and it's unfortunate his breakthrough season is a relegation scrap. However, the fact we're relying on him goes some way to explaining why we are in such a bad position.
I think with Patterson behind him and a new creative midfielder in the team he'll have players on the same wavelength.

When youve got Gray and Richarlison up top with you theres not going to be much combination play.

Doucoure of course wont link with him and Iwobi is...Iwobi.

He needs taking off dead balls, it's clearly not his thing

…it clearly is his thing on the training pitch, he’s been trusted since he came into the side. Perhaps it’s adrenaline that makes him put extra purchase on his delivery but even in open play his final pass/shot is erratic.

Other parts of his game are outstanding, control in accepting a pass often takes him beyond the opposition and puts us in dangerous positions but then he undoes the good work.

So frustrating.

Would be a superstar in League One. A moderately fast player who cannot cross, shoot or take a decent set piece to save his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.