2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just worry that if we stay up him and Gray will be our first choice wide players next season but I dont know if they have enough goals/assists to have us pushing top half.

Ultimately comes down to end product - you look at Bowen at WHU and Barnes at Leicester and thats the standard we need to aim at if we dont want to be constantly in relegation battles or with our season over by Xmas in midtable.

Gray would be one of the first I’d sell, he’s ok and that but you might get 20m for him and it’s all profit for FFP as he cost us FA.

DCL
Gray
Holgate
Davies
And Gordon

Are are most sellable options to make a “ profit”

I wouldn’t sell Gordon but the rest would be heading out the door if I was in charge.

I dont think he's far wrong...

With DCL if he had remained fit and had another 15-20 goal season while gaining more England caps his value wouldnt be far off £80mil. Hes a marketing dream and teams like United love that in players. Just look at the fees paid by them for Sancho and Arsenal with Pepe around that amount. Newcastle would have spent £80mil i think but for his injuries.

Regarding Gordon and comparable players u21:

Left you have Vinicius, Fati, Martinelli and perhaod Szoboszlai.

Right its Rodrygo, Hudson-Odoi, Elliott, Doku and Pino.

Where would you rank him amongst those + you as well @catcherintherye

Not sure that Man U want a “ star” player that goes around posing in woman’s clothes and wear school girl uniforms. Remember how much crap Beckham got for wearing a sarong?

We finally produced someone who is better than anyone we've bought in those positions for God knows how much over the past 6-7 years.

Never seen the comparison but reminds me not a little of Steven - now if he could add the end product Steven had we'd have some player there

I like Gordon and I think he is going to be a great player but please stop him from taking all the corners and free kicks, they never come to anything.
I don't get these calls of him being poor on corners. He delivers some great balls in from corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.