2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know what mate?

Im very aware that Barkley was unchallenged in his goal, very happy to admit that, he ran the full length of the pitch and scored.

Come back to me if Gordon ever does that.

If you watched the video I posted, it would show Barkley doing the same thing Gordon does, but at the end of his performance he caps its with end product and scores a goal.

I get it, Barkley is a RAT and after his initial breakthrough he never really hit the heights we thought, but he was a very talented player and IMO was head and shoulders above Gordon, a year younger.

Thankfully Gordon very much has time to start producing something extra, its his first season in a challenging time for the club.

We had a diamond.
i didn’t know you were the lass he was chatting up before he had to leave ?. I’ve been clear about what I think of Barkley, an exceptional talent and I couldn’t care less that he left, he’s certainly nowhere near the best player we’ve sold over the last 25 years so who gives a toss?
Gordon has time on his side as you say and seems keen to be better, he has explosive pace and in this league that turns a player like Raheem Sterling into a monster.
we might just have another diamond who needs far more polishing but whose ceiling will end with him being a higher carat!

i didn’t know you were the lass he was chatting up before he had to leave ?. I’ve been clear about what I think of Barkley an exceptional talent and I couldn’t care less that he left, he’s certainly nowhere near the best player we’ve sold over the last 25 years so who gives a toss?
Gordon has time on his side as you say and seems keen to be better, he has explosive pace and in this league that turns a player like Raheem Sterling into a monster

I get that people are trying to be positive about Gordon, but better than Barkley? Come on.

I think we were all disappointed with the unfulfilled potential he had as a player, but that's only because of how special he looked to begin with.

Saying Gordon is even close to being his equal now, 2 years older than Barkley was when he was running games, is just blind madness.

We will be very lucky if Gordon can improve to the level Barkley was at, and luckier still if he can add consistency to it. But at the moment, he's more like early Tom Davies levels than early Ross Barkley levels.

I get that people are trying to be positive about Gordon, but better than Barkley? Come on.

I think we were all disappointed with the unfulfilled potential he had as a player, but that's only because of how special he looked to begin with.

Saying Gordon is even close to being his equal now, 2 years older than Barkley was when he was running games, is just blind madness.

We will be very lucky if Gordon can improve to the level Barkley was at, and luckier still if he can add consistency to it. But at the moment, he's more like early Tom Davies levels than early Ross Barkley levels.
To be fair Gordon doesn't have exploding knees. So far anyway.

Please show everyone where anybody has said this or are you trying to further your agenda against a young Evertonian by deliberately making up nonsense?

Barkley had 6 goals and 2 assists in his age 21 season. Gordon isn't that far off.

A simple way to look at it but still.

Please show everyone where anybody has said this or are you trying to further your agenda against a young Evertonian by deliberately making up nonsense?
Perhaps I jumped the gun a bit in saying better than, but realistically, he's not even approaching.

I have no agenda. I'm an Everton fan who wants the very best for Everton in every area. What bothers me is people going over the top with things, constantly saying how amazing certain players are, and how terrible others are, when the truth on both ends of the spectrum is obviously far more neutral.

Barkley had 6 goals and 2 assists in his age 21 season. Gordon isn't that far off.

A simple way to look at it but still.
I see your point, but 3 of Gordon's 4 goals have been very fortunate to say the least. Whatever way you look at it, if 2 of Gordon's count as his, then 1 of them should still be Richarlisons.

I see your point, but 3 of Gordon's 4 goals have been very fortunate to say the least. Whatever way you look at it, if 2 of Gordon's count as his, then 1 of them should still be Richarlisons.
That's fine, I think we misremember a bit how productive Ross was.

I miscounted by the way, he was 20 for the year I said. His age 21 year was worse so hopefully Gordon doesn't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.