Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we’ll probably have enough points already. Leeds might beat Brighton, it’s always a possibility, but I think they take a point at most. Same last day, a point at most at Brentford. That puts us safe even if we lose Sunday, lose next week again Palace, and then lose again against Arsenal Which isn’t going to happen.

Why so? Theyve had a week off, and are clearly not on the beach. They are much better than Leeds.
Clearly not on the beach but Palace are? In the last four games those two teams have matched each other’s results. Across the season Palace are 3pts behind them with a game in hand.

It’s not inconceivable for Brighton to follow up a fantastic performance with a rubbish one, nor so for Leeds to pull a decent showing out of their proverbial.

We should have won tonight, no two ways about it. While that wouldn’t necessarily have made the weekend outcomes immaterial overall, it would have given us a buffer.

We’re at a point in the season where mentality plays a part and I think we’ve inflicted some psychological damage on ourselves by not having that buffer, as well as killing our momentum a bit. Interesting to hear what kind of voice the fans are in on Sunday if it’s 0-0 or worse after an hour.

It comes from experience. Tiny little things. Like the amount of times we've strung 2 wins together in the past and then someone has started a 'how many points from the next 5 games' thread and we ended up getting 1/15.

Just, one game at a time.
I'm not sure how posting on a forum about potential transfers has any impact on the teams performance on the pitch.
Or anything written on a forum Been honest

looks like the current bottom 3 (Leeds, Watford, Norwich) are staying there...just look at their form and goal-difference.

As crap as we are, those three are crapper.

Not expecting much of anything for next season, tho'. Aiming for mid-table seems to be the gist of it.

Thanks, Mosh.

Clearly not on the beach but Palace are? In the last four games those two teams have matched each other’s results. Across the season Palace are 3pts behind them with a game in hand.

It’s not inconceivable for Brighton to follow up a fantastic performance with a rubbish one, nor so for Leeds to pull a decent showing out of their proverbial.

We should have won tonight, no two ways about it. While that wouldn’t necessarily have made the weekend outcomes immaterial overall, it would have given us a buffer.

We’re at a point in the season where mentality plays a part and I think we’ve inflicted some psychological damage on ourselves by not having that buffer, as well as killing our momentum a bit. Interesting to hear what kind of voice the fans are in on Sunday if it’s 0-0 or worse after an hour.

Brighton have just annihilated United 5-0 though. They are playing really well. I haven't followed Palace enough, have their wins been against top 5/6 teams?

I'd rather play Palace than Brighton currently.

And of course it's not inconceivable. It's not inconceivable Leeds and Burnley win every game and we lose every game. On the balance of probabilities, Leeds look shot. I said a while back, theyd lose the 3 games they did, and its borne out. I dont see them winning another game, barring a freak incident (like the jammy red card at Wolves).

Tonight's result is underwhelming, but we didnt lose, kept another clean sheet etc. I expect us to probably win both games at home, and we will not be easy to play against on the final day for Arsenal either.

Status
Not open for further replies.