2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
16 shots on goal,13 corners we had tonight, so thats basically 29 chances in total.

Reckon Fronk would have slotted them if on the pitch, he wasnt, so whilst im willing to take some "points" off him for the slightly defensive tactics and the very slow subs, he wasnt the 1 being wasteful in the final 3rd.

The thing was, we were controlling the game. You change the system, and you run the risk of disrupting that.

Hindsight says DCL looked up for it and would have been better on a bit earlier, and I'd have liked to have seen Alli.

But it's not a disaster. Maybe he knew Leeds are getting pumped, and a point ust extends the lead further. It felt important not to lose today, to give anyone unnecessary hope.

I didn't think Watford defended that well tbh. We just had so few players attacking life was easy for them.

If you were Brentford and Palace watching that tonight you'd have your tactics sorted for Goodison. Sit back and hope you've got more on the counter.
No they didn't, but bodies were in the way and they threw themselves at crosses. We rely on breaking into the final third, when they have 10 in the penalty box we don't have the skill to unlock space. When he did, such as Grey, it needs to be buried. We had enough chances with the formation played.

The thing was, we were controlling the game. You change the system, and you run the risk of disrupting that.

Hindsight says DCL looked up for it and would have been better on a bit earlier, and I'd have liked to have seen Alli.

But it's not a disaster. Maybe he knew Leeds are getting pumped, and a point ust extends the lead further. It felt important not to lose today, to give anyone unnecessary hope.
We won our last game away, for the 2nd time this season, sure we all thought it would be a breeze considering the factors, but it wasnt, we go again Sunday.

Im hopeful we can sleep easy still Sunday night.

These players threw it away against Burnley and Watford in the blink of an eye. All season they’ve been finding ways to lose games. A draw keeps confidence intact and extends the gap to the drop zone.

Now yes if both teams below us win their remaining games and we lose all our games then we’re down but that’s been the case for pretty much every match week for about 2 months.

The three centre halves were actually hindering us controlling things because they had so little to do. It was a waste of a position.

There's every chance Lampard will have to make big attacking decisions on Sunday and risk losing. Would've been a better bet to do it tonight.

They didn't even have a shot on goal I believe they weren't a threat I know our defenders are extremely problematic but Watford consisted of a relegation squad that made 7 changes! In no world we should be playing 5 at the back. Play a three if you want more defensive insurance but 5 was madness.
We're a horrendous side on a relatively good run of form. We gave Burnely who were dead and buried a chance to survive by starting them on a run. Pragmatism is fine at the moment.

As Goat said we had over 20 shots still, I mean come on we had our chances.

We won our last game away, for the 2nd time this season, sure we all thought it would be a breeze considering the factors, but it wasnt, we go again Sunday.

Im hopeful we can sleep easy still Sunday night.

I know people dont like it, but the Xg at the weekend had it as a draw. Todays game, we deserved to win 1 v 0. We didnt take our chances, and scored a wonder goal and a set piece last game.

Sometimes they are the margins. As you say it's not a great team away from home, and confidence is very low. Fortunately we are better at home, where we have 2 winnable games to come.

The three centre halves were actually hindering us controlling things because they had so little to do. It was a waste of a position.

There's every chance Lampard will have to make big attacking decisions on Sunday and risk losing. Would've been a better bet to do it tonight.

I dont think he does. He seems to want to keep that system. I dont think we go gung ho at all.

You're probably right though, it was overkill tonight, but he wants some continuity. That may pay dividends next weekend.

We're a horrendous side on a relatively good run of form. We gave Burnely who were dead and buried a chance to survive by starting them on a run. Pragmatism is fine at the moment.

Put that down to people clamoring for right and left backs when we've been crying out for a striker since Lukaku left.

There were at least 4 breaks that, if the final ball was half decent, we would have certainly scored from.

I don’t get why people think we’re going to start playing like Brazil because Watford are relegated

Status
Not open for further replies.