2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
These players threw it away against Burnley and Watford in the blink of an eye. All season they’ve been finding ways to lose games. A draw keeps confidence intact and extends the gap to the drop zone.

Now yes if both teams below us win their remaining games and we lose all our games then we’re down but that’s been the case for pretty much every match week for about 2 months.

Basically yes. We were as bad tonight as at Burnley, but least we get out with a point to hand. Even if we do just that twice more, hard to see Leeds winning all of their remaining games.

Last time we played Watford we conceded five goals. Frank is improving us, but is it too late to save our club?

Two points sounds like a big gap but it’s really not, especially when you consider that we have Arsenal away on the final day in a couple of weeks. Palace won’t be easy either given that we lost 4-0 to them last month, although hopefully the Goodison crowd will be as supportive as they were during the Chelsea match and Man Utd match.

16 shots on goal,13 corners we had tonight, so thats basically 29 chances in total.

Reckon Fronk would have slotted them if on the pitch, he wasnt, so whilst im willing to take some "points" off him for the slightly defensive tactics and the very slow subs, he wasnt the 1 being wasteful in the final 3rd.
We didn’t have anything like 16 shots on goal lol
Blocked shots don’t mean a bean

Last time we played Watford we conceded five goals. Frank is improving us, but is it too late to save our club?

Two points sounds like a big gap but it’s really not, especially when you consider that we have Arsenal away on the final day in a couple of weeks. Palace won’t be easy either given that we lost 4-0 to them last month, although hopefully the Goodison crowd will be as supportive as they were during the Chelsea match and Man Utd match.
Brentford still to come before Palace

I dont think he does. He seems to want to keep that system. I dont think we go gung ho at all.

You're probably right though, it was overkill tonight, but he wants some continuity. That may pay dividends next weekend.

I get the continuity part and I don't think he'll change the system at the weekend which no doubt means another game that'll be decided by the odd goal.

Does nothing for the stress levels but if Lampard isn't prepared to take the game to Watford I very much doubt he will against Brentford and Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.