Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay Newcastle, don't know how I forgot that one given as I was at it but aye, again wasn't exactly easy.

Yes, our home form has been good and now we have to use tit to our full advantage. It's definitely not the end of the world today, I said that earlier that a point would be okay, but it does leave the pressure on when we could have relieved a hell of a lot of pressure and basically ensured Leeds have no hope. We've given them hope now.

It's not a great result, but within the context of Leeds losing, it's not horrendous.

I am probably just more mentally scarred than many. I've seen us throw it away at Burnley, or in honesty in loads of games this season, where if we would have just dug in, we would have been fine.

If we avoid defeat the next 2 games, I think we will be fine. I imagine we get 4 points.

Its frustrating, but this team is poor, but at least it's no longer wide open.

Well we don't really have a safety net unfortunately, as it is only one win. But yes, 2 points is better than 0 points!
Having 2 teams below us is better than 1.

One of them could easily go and pick up the wins they need. Probability suggests its less likely both teams do though.

The players need to focus only on our own game on Sunday. But its obviously going to help us if results go our way earlier in the day. I think Leeds will get something but hopefully at least 1 of them loses.

I think its wrong to write off Leeds. They know they have no real margin for error anymore. Anything less than 4 points is highly unlikely to be enough with their GD, and they need positive results in both matches.

That can either focus the mind and generate a performance or it can become too much for players. It can go either way.

I think Brighton are a good opponent at this stage for them and I'd be surprised if they lose.

I think its wrong to write off Leeds. They know they have no real margin for error anymore. Anything less than 4 points is highly unlikely to be enough, and they need positive results in both matches.

That can either focus the mind and generate a performance or it can become too much for players. It can go either way.

I think Brighton are a good opponent at this stage for them and I'd be surprised if they lose.
Same. They’re a dog backed into a corner now. As long as they don’t do something stupid like get another straight red in the first 30 minutes, I think they’ll beat Brighton and set up a wild last day for themselves.

One of them could easily go and pick up the wins they need. Probability suggests its less likely both teams do though.

The players need to focus only on our own game on Sunday. But its obviously going to help us if results go our way earlier in the day. I think Leeds will get something but hopefully at least 1 of them loses.

I think this is a key point. I said a while back, we need to drag teams into it above us, as you can always get a freak result in a game. By dragging Leeds back though, you are essentially relying upon 2 teams to have some freak results. It's possible, but a lot less likely.

In a strange way, it probably makes Burnley more cautious as well. They probably look at Leeda and think 3 draws will be enough for them.

They will both lose ;)

I think its wrong to write off Leeds. They know they have no real margin for error anymore. Anything less than 4 points is highly unlikely to be enough with their GD, and they need positive results in both matches.

But that added pressure can go both ways. Like honestly, that tonight was the game for them. Chelsea are in worse form than Brighton. And they didnt just fail, they completely flunked their lines.

I dont think you could say that Leeds team lacks effort or will to win, but it lacks composure and quality in key moments.

For us, the return of Allan and Delph has been enormous. They give us thy composure.

I'm not going to make big predictions on single games, as any result is possible, but its huge pressure on Leeds. I'm not sure that necessarily brings the best out in them. Brighton are very good at sides coming onto them. Crucially they still look motivated. I'd say they are a bad mix for Leeds.

I just fancy Leeds to win Sunday-anything less from them for me is a bonus, with hopefully Spurs beating Burnley, off course a draw for Leeds would off course give us that chance again to be safe

I dunno. 1 point from last 3 games could easily keep the team up. Leeds would need 4 points in that scenario so shows the hard graft and yards put in v Chelsea and Leicester will likely be the difference now.

I think 3 points should do it. BUT.

Brentford (H)
Crystal Palace (H)
Arsenal (A)

Those are very, VERY tough fixtures. Suddenly I'm not quite as optimistic as I was after the last 2 matches. We really should have got the 3 points tonight.
Fancy us to beat Brentford but make hard work of it-i am just hoping if we do get that win that its all over or close to it, for me we will lose at Arsenal and i think the palace game will be awkward

Status
Not open for further replies.