Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We aren't a good side no which is why I was very worried yesterday but Watford are atrocious and they had 9 players out. The performances of the players belayed a lack of quality and guile which we know already but I am frustrated that Lampard didn't act more decisively when a win was there to take.

He let the game drift far too long. When we had a foothold around an hour mark he could have either pushed Iwobi on into midfield to get between the lines or introduced players from the bench. Instead he let Gray and Gordon carry on running down blind alleys only to then say afterwards they were tired.

It’s a learning curve for Lampard, and it has been since he’s came in really. There have been flaws, but without him we’ve already sank. The insistence on playing Gray until that late in the game is an error someone learning would make, same with the DCL decision.

We all saw the Leicester game and saw the effort we put in, it needed to be tweaked, bring some fresh legs in and stop any burn out.

Watford we’re abysmal, and obviously the ramifications of winning the game would have meant safety.

Despite that, a goalscorer in that side and we’ve got 3 fantastic opportunities there. It’s what we’ve missed all season.

If we’re fortunate enough to stay up, and I think we will, we need to reinforce that and play our best players (Richarlison etc) in their best position.

It was a game we should have won on paper, but it’s far from a disaster everyone is going on about here.

Keep the faith, we’ve got two games a Goodison to come and 4 points guarantees us safety.

ok, so the 4-0 the other day doesn't count but a 0-0 which probably happened a few months ago.... does?

Brings an indicator on the two teams on an equal playing field at the time which ended in a stalemate.

Brighton played a United side who have been on holiday for the past month. They now play a side fighting for survival in their last home game of the season.

Brings an indicator on the two teams on an equal playing field at the time which ended in a stalemate.

Brighton played a United side who have been on holiday for the past month. They now play a side fighting for survival in their last home game of the season.
That holiday team spanked Brentford 3-0, so we should be ok then shouldn't we?

This post is insane, Leeds have two games left, Burnley have three and one is spurs away

How will 3 points be not enough?

We have Arsenal away so potentially two games to get something from. Playing every 3 days and are the only team that has played at vicarage road this season and not scored a goal.

We can’t beat teams that don’t attack us, it is by no means certain that we will get an other win this season . Could quite easily draw or lose to both Brentford or palace.

Just have to stay positive, if you would have offered me 7 points out of 9 before Chelsea game I’d have defo taken it. Let’s hope Brighton turn up against Leeds, someone mentioned above they have a good away record. Let’s keep going.

Brighton can still finish 8th so more money; they won't go easy on Leeds.

They are also bang in form. It’s not going to be easy for a Leeds team that has been losing a couple of players a game to injury and suspension. Anything can happen but I’d be surprised if Leeds win it. They now have James suspended and apparently Harrison won’t make it either. They are getting weaker each game.

We have Arsenal away so potentially two games to get something from. Playing every 3 days and are the only team that has played at vicarage road this season and not scored a goal.

We can’t beat teams that don’t attack us, it is by no means certain that we will get an other win this season . Could quite easily draw or lose to both Brentford or palace.

Wow, we could win...lose...or draw. Amazing!

Best post I've read in a long time.

My worry now, if we are able to survive, is that this is the level we've set ourselves and we won't have the opportunity to make wholesale changes. We're lumbered with atrocious players, so many of them still with years left on their deals and who earn far more here than they possibly could elsewhere, hence we won't be able to sell them even if we want to.

Does Lampard have a strong enough character to stand up to the players and tell them that they need to move if they want to play football? To me he comes across as too much of a nice guy. I certainly can't imagine him reading the riot act to the players.

Next season we'll have 90% of the squad from tonight, so we've nothing whatsoever to be excited about or look forward to. As soon as we meet a Premier League side in the cup we're out if we're drawn away from home, and if we manage to get lucky and scrape our way through a few rounds with favourable draws and results, we're still out as soon as we meet City or Liverpool anyway.

We're probably still going to have Seamus Coleman on the books when we're trotting out at Bramley Moore stadium, cannot believe the man is still here.
We would be an early season favourite for relegation in my mind if we don't have at least 3 new starters in this team next season, on top of whichever players we bring in to replace the ones we sell. The only way to ensure that we can achieve the high levels of player turnover that so many of us think is essential is to sell our most saleable assets, which include Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin and maybe Pickford as well if we don't get enough money in from the first two.

And nobody should be remotely fussed at all if they do go. We are 16th in the league having barely managed a point per game average all season, we don't have any players that we should fear of losing.

If I see one "you don't sell your best players" shout this summer I think I'll internally combust.

We beat Brentford 4-1 the last time we played them so thankfully we’re fine because that’ll definitely repeat itself.

leeds are just where we were the other month, everything going wrong (own goals, mistakes, red cards etc) but their problem is there are only two games left for them

and they have a coach who thinks gandhi quotes will help

“The future depends on what we do in the present” is very apt…….

Status
Not open for further replies.