Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adebayo at Luton would be a good alternative.............not a replacement, but as someone to be a nuisance when required, a focal point!
Good player in a similar mold to Antonio at West Ham, but taller!

We would obviously probably need a primary centre forward, but i reckon we could get him from Luton for under £10 million

This is an interesting connection, one with a lot to consider. For starters where DCL's value is removed Newcastle as a suitor. Also on if part of their interest is to buy off teams that could be a possible table threat.

That said if Dom's value is relatively comparable to last years, he's overvalued. Add a suitor with limitless funds and the recipe to extract a premium return, the transfer is possibly the grounds for astute business by us. Not without the possibility to also screw the Magpies in FFP if they pay an inflated price considering the wage boost he will get. I fail to see him grow his value in a reasonable way where they would make profit on a sell on considering also his new wages. That isnt a huge rationale for Everton but an interesting caveat nonetheless.

The short of it is though, if he is going to move in the next 2 years will his value appreciate, and is this the best context to extract premium value. There is a strong case to saying it could be.

This is an interesting connection, one with a lot to consider. For starters where DCL's value is removed Newcastle as a suitor. Also on if part of their interest is to buy off teams that could be a possible table threat.

That said if Dom's value is relatively comparable to last years, he's overvalued. Add a suitor with limitless funds and the recipe to extract a premium return, the transfer is possibly the grounds for astute business by us. Not without the possibility to also screw the Magpies in FFP if they pay an inflated price considering the wage boost he will get. I fail to see him grow his value in a reasonable way where they would make profit on a sell on considering also his new wages. That isnt a huge rationale for Everton but an interesting caveat nonetheless.

The short of it is though, if he is going to move in the next 2 years will his value appreciate, and is this the best context to extract premium value. There is a strong case to saying it could be.
I think with it being Newcastle, there has to be a 'tax' on the fee.
As you said, they will be wanting to take him from a 'rival' so in theory weakening us & strengthening them.

We got this sort of treatment when Moshiri first came in with the likes of Bolasie, Keane & Sigurdsson bought for inflated fees, even Pickford at the time was probably paying over the odds

Adebayo at Luton would be a good alternative.............not a replacement, but as someone to be a nuisance when required, a focal point!

We would obviously probably need a primary centre forward, but i reckon we could get him from Luton for under £10 million
Interesting striker I would have an eye on if DCL does indeed leave is Lassina Traore at Shakhtar Donetsk

Slightly analogous to Dom in relation to hold up play/positional instincts. Touted Ajax product who went to Ukraine at the beginning of last year. Started scoring at will until the season was called off. Issues around the war may allow a sale. Big frame projects well to premier league and will definitely be earmarked for a big move in a year or two. Maybe a bit early/young for immediate replacement but would maybe be reflected in the price. And he has good grounds to grow into the role.

Know money ultimately talks but I have a hard time believing DCL would relish a move to Newcastle, doesn't seem in keeping with his personality or his brand. As a pretty woke guy I think he'd have concerns about who is paying his wages and even if not if his heart's been set on moving to London a move to the North East might not appeal.

The only way this would happen is if these 2 scenarios were true.
a) City had a Liveremento style semi decent buy back in the deal
b) Pickford was on his way out...no way he comes to Everton just to be number 2

If we sold Pickford for £45mil (as the spurs rumour goes) and signed Bazunu for £15mil then we'd be £30mil up (ignoring the FFP calculations).

If City had a £35mil buyback and ended up activating it then we'd be £65mil up. There would need to be a date or two built in where it could be activated though.

As long as he fulfills his potential then it could be a winner all round.

Similar to Pickford in a way...at 28 his value isnt likely to be much higher than it is currently.
Interesting striker I would have an eye on if DCL does indeed leave is Lassina Traore at Shakhtar Donetsk

Slightly analogous to Dom in relation to hold up play/positional instincts. Touted Ajax product who went to Ukraine at the beginning of last year. Started scoring at will until the season was called off. Issues around the war may allow a sale. Big frame projects well to premier league and will definitely be earmarked for a big move in a year or two. Maybe a bit early/young for immediate replacement but would maybe be reflected in the price. And he has good grounds to grow into the role.
Id be all over Amine Gouiri as the first priority.

Never heard of him

@nonstripdzebra seems a bit like Antonio at West Ham. Like a battering ram but with good awareness, quick and can finish.

Would there be any fee involved due to the war?

Theres other players in the Ukrainian league who could be bargains like Zabarnyi.

Know money ultimately talks but I have a hard time believing DCL would relish a move to Newcastle, doesn't seem in keeping with his personality or his brand. As a pretty woke guy I think he'd have concerns about who is paying his wages and even if not if his heart's been set on moving to London a move to the North East might not appeal.
Fully agree, I can’t see Newcastle wanting him or him wanting to go there.
They will go for a bigger name to make a statement, and after a poor season no one will pay bigger money.
I don’t think any top 6 would buy him until he had proven himself over 2/3 years goals return wise.

Nope. Imagine him with our back 4. Be horrendous. Effectively cost them that FA cup semi !
He’s a decent shot stopper but that’s basically all. Third choice for me as far as US keepers go but our goofy manager loves him because he coached him a few years ago. I do think Pickford will go this summer. Stock will be high and we need money. Still say if Burnley goes down we should be after Pope.

Status
Not open for further replies.