Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would prioritise players that have excellent fitness records. We should not be a very generous holiday home for sicknotes
Its us that are the problem, I posted the other day that most of the top teams have 4 or 5 people working in the area of first team fitness/player performance, we have 1 person. Its clearly something that needs to change.

Cant argue with that, it would give us a good spine. Rich is bound to leave this summer though I feel. I think DCL stays because nobody will meet the fee we’d want after the season he’s had. I wouldn’t be averse to selling Pickford for £50m or so to allow for a rebuild, despite the fact he’s been quality. We need to do what Leicester have done for years and get top dollar for players and reinvest.

The biggest thing is to lower our wage bill though, getting rid of Bernard and James was a good start. I reckon Frank keeps Delph on for another year or two. Gylfi, Lonergan, Kenny, and Tosun should all leave, freeing up about £200k p/w.

El Ghazi and Donny both go back, saving us another £150k p/w seeing as we’ve covered their wages. Selling Kean frees up another £50k p/w.

The priority then is shifting Gomes, Keane, and Allan, who are all huge earners. Allan’s a decent player but we should be moving him on and buying a younger, less expensive model. Mina I’d give a new contract to despite his injuries purely because of how important he is when he plays.

We have enough deadwood to sell for funds without selling any Crown Jewels (if they want to stay) although I’m not adverse to any player leaving really.

We’ve got a huge opportunity this summer to reset the squad and make it one Everton fans actually like

The thing is, how much would a new spine of real quality u23 aged players cost? Those that Lampard and his team could work with and take them up to the very top level.

Obviously we dont know the actual targets and if theres players who are 'bargains' but if were going for the 'known' european players one level below the top tier I'd say were talking

GK: Bazunu (£15-20mil)

CB: Tapsoba / Botman / Lacroix / Kossounou / Zabarnyi (£30-40mil)

LCB: Guehi / Badiashile / Ndicka / Colwill / Lisandro Martinez / Inacio / Lukeba / Hincapie (£30-40mil)

Thats before we get onto Central midfielders / centre forwards.

Thelwell will need to be very creative in the market and really push a lot of players out.

The thing is, how much would a new spine of real quality u23 aged players cost? Those that Lampard and his team could work with and take them up to the very top level.

Obviously we dont know the actual targets and if theres players who are 'bargains' but if were going for the 'known' european players one level below the top tier I'd say were talking

LCB: Guehi / Badiashile / Ndicka / Colwill / Lisandro Martinez / Inacio / Lukeba / Hincapie (£30-40mil)

Thelwell will need to be very creative in the market and really push a lot of players out.

You know we're not going for these high fee players so why even discuss them.

Just to add an additional point.

OUT: Pickford, Kean, Keane and Mina.

IN: Bazunu + 1×CB + 1xLCB from those names

Id be very happy with that.

Good keeper, but wouldn't be interested in any buy back clause with City. They have enough players and enough weight in the transfer market without needing buy back options on players they let go.

If we got him for £15-20mil and the buy back was £40mil+ then id be fine with that.

Wouldnt get him but ive been really impressed, with Fofana at Leicester anytime ive seen him. Horrible injury record mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back