Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norwich supporting mate reckons Aarons will cost peanuts in the summer and we should go all out on him if we stay up. Do we agree or is Patterson going to be given a chance?

Svanberg is mentioned, as well as Schouten, Hickey, Orsolini and Theate. There was a fee of £20m mentioned for Svanberg. Svanberg and Schouten are both CM/ DM, which is certainly an area we need to strengthen, Hickey is a LB, which I cant see us signing none there unless its cover. Orsolini is a RW, I dont see us signing him, unless we are selling someone, Theate is CB, but he is technically on loan at Bologna from Oostende, so unless Bologna have the right to buy him, I dont know why we would be discussing it with Bologna.

The article does say Bologna are meeting with; Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham, Brentford and Newcastle as well.
If we sign Orsolini I should be an Everton scout as they keep signing players that I sign on FM. Mind you they have all been crap for real Everton.

Svanberg is mentioned, as well as Schouten, Hickey, Orsolini and Theate. There was a fee of £20m mentioned for Svanberg. Svanberg and Schouten are both CM/ DM, which is certainly an area we need to strengthen, Hickey is a LB, which I cant see us signing none there unless its cover. Orsolini is a RW, I dont see us signing him, unless we are selling someone, Theate is CB, but he is technically on loan at Bologna from Oostende, so unless Bologna have the right to buy him, I dont know why we would be discussing it with Bologna.

The article does say Bologna are meeting with; Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham, Brentford and Newcastle as well.

Svanberg shouldnt cost that much with a year left.

Theate, there is an obligation to buy based on some criteria which i havent checked.

Hickey it was mentioned that he could be moved into a DM role.

Any of those 3 could be sensible purchases if cheap.

Schouten isnt as good as the Argentinian midfielder they have and Orsolini has stagnated

Norwich supporting mate reckons Aarons will cost peanuts in the summer and we should go all out on him if we stay up. Do we agree or is Patterson going to be given a chance?

If Aarons is cheap then it would be a no brainer.

Even if Patterson is our starting right back / wing back we have no one else in our squad who can compete with him.

If peanuts is £10mil then Id be really chuffed. Big fan of his.

If we sign Orsolini I should be an Everton scout as they keep signing players that I sign on FM. Mind you they have all been crap for real Everton.
I found him to be similar to Mirallas and perhaps Richarlison-lite.

But hes stagnated at Bologna...should have moved a year or two ago.

Gavin Bazumu linked with a June move in the Irish Independent this morning. Claims Lampard is ready to cash in on JP to fund a number of purchases.
Yep just about to post this as well.

Looking at the centre backs and central midfield last night then if we were to sell Pickford + sign Bazunu with £25-30mil profit...

...add that to £25mil for Kean and perhaps £10mil each for Keane and Allan:

We'd have £70mil+ for a centre back and central midfielder. The wage bill would be close to £300k a week lighter as well.

With Lampards track record of developing young players I'd back Bazunu to improve and the 2 new players signed.

If we stay up, I want there to be just as big a rebuild as if we were to go down. I’ve no loyalty to this lot and would happily see most of them leave. I’ve taken a shine to Myko and I like Gordon, but I wouldn’t be remotely arsed to see anyone else leave. It’s clear that Frank only trusts a select few players too. I’d even say despite them getting game time, he doesn’t trust Keane, Kenny or Allan but has had to out of necessity.

Need at least 2 new creative players, ideally one wideman because let’s face it Gray isn’t more than a squad player, and a centre mid. One of those needs to be good at set pieces.

If we need to sell all of Pickford, Rich and DCL to fund the overhaul then that’s fine too, as long as the fees are huge.

If we stay up, I want there to be just as big a rebuild as if we were to go down. I’ve no loyalty to this lot and would happily see most of them leave. I’ve taken a shine to Myko and I like Gordon, but I wouldn’t be remotely arsed to see anyone else leave. It’s clear that Frank only trusts a select few players too. I’d even say despite them getting game time, he doesn’t trust Keane, Kenny or Allan but has had to out of necessity.

Need at least 2 new creative players, ideally one wideman because let’s face it Gray isn’t more than a squad player, and a centre mid. One of those needs to be good at set pieces.

If we need to sell all of Pickford, Rich and DCL to fund the overhaul then that’s fine too, as long as the fees are huge.

Id say:

Mykolenko, Branthwaite, Patterson, Gordon and Richarlison woule be the only players I'd be very disappointed to see leave. Thats half an outfield starting lineup.

Pickford, Godfrey, DCL would be ideal to keep but where we can sell and use funds to upgrade with high quality/potential u23s we should do so.

The link mentioned above of Bazunu would be the sort of bold move to rebuild that I could get behind.

Id say:

Mykolenko, Branthwaite, Patterson, Gordon and Richarlison woule be the only players I'd be very disappointed to see leave. Thats half an outfield starting lineup.

Pickford, Godfrey, DCL would be ideal to keep but where we can sell and use funds to upgrade with high quality/potential u23s we should do so.

The link mentioned above of Bazunu would be the sort of bold move to rebuild that I could get behind.
Cant argue with that, it would give us a good spine. Rich is bound to leave this summer though I feel. I think DCL stays because nobody will meet the fee we’d want after the season he’s had. I wouldn’t be averse to selling Pickford for £50m or so to allow for a rebuild, despite the fact he’s been quality. We need to do what Leicester have done for years and get top dollar for players and reinvest.

The biggest thing is to lower our wage bill though, getting rid of Bernard and James was a good start. I reckon Frank keeps Delph on for another year or two. Gylfi, Lonergan, Kenny, and Tosun should all leave, freeing up about £200k p/w.

El Ghazi and Donny both go back, saving us another £150k p/w seeing as we’ve covered their wages. Selling Kean frees up another £50k p/w.

The priority then is shifting Gomes, Keane, and Allan, who are all huge earners. Allan’s a decent player but we should be moving him on and buying a younger, less expensive model. Mina I’d give a new contract to despite his injuries purely because of how important he is when he plays.

I just don’t like Aarons, he’s quick but every time I watch him his technique and positioning look poor. Think he’d be like Godfrey playing right back.

Id say:

We have enough deadwood to sell for funds without selling any Crown Jewels (if they want to stay) although I’m not adverse to any player leaving really.

We’ve got a huge opportunity this summer to reset the squad and make it one Everton fans actually like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back