2021/22 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young kid gets suckered by an ex non league arl arse...yeah i get it.

But more to the point where are Holgate & Coleman giving the lad a hand ?

Should never have been put in that position agst a street fighter like Toney.
Branthwaite is already a better defender than holgate and Coleman imo - yeah, he got caught today but you’re spot on about the senior pros leaving him out to dry.

He will come back stronger and I hope he does well for us in the future.

When holgate got the armband when Coleman went off I actually laughed out loud.

Branthwaite is already a better defender than holgate and Coleman imo - yeah, he got caught today but you’re spot on about the senior pros leaving him out to dry.

He will come back stronger and I hope he does well for us in the future.

When holgate got the armband when Coleman went off I actually laughed out loud.
Pathetic by 2 snr pro's , especially up agst Toney.

Should never have been allowed to be one on one with him.

The team was too busy appealing for a pen to react to their counter. Branthwaite was the only one who got close and, as someone else pointed out, naïveté on his part meant he was so preoccupied with catching Toney that his legs got tangled up, when he probably would have been better letting Toney have the run on goal and defending what he’d hope would be the second ball from Pickford’s save.

Undoubtedly a mistake but not one that he should be completely condemned for. He’s been fine, if not spectacular, when he’s played so far.

Its one of them. Hes a young lad making his way and isn't ready yet. This league is tough and he showed why he hasn't been playing.

He should have dropped off initially. But once he gets wrong side then you have to back Pickford. Worst case scenario its 1 all.

Needs to get his chin up and learn from it. Just hope it isn't costly.

The team was too busy appealing for a pen to react to their counter. Branthwaite was the only one who got close and, as someone else pointed out, naïveté on his part meant he was so preoccupied with catching Toney that his legs got tangled up, when he probably would have been better letting Toney have the run on goal and defending what he’d hope would be the second ball from Pickford’s save.

Undoubtedly a mistake but not one that he should be completely condemned for. He’s been fine, if not spectacular, when he’s played so far.
This is spot on, I don't blame him at all, in fact if he hadn't of bought him down and he had scored people would of been moaning he didn't take one for the team.

This is spot on, I don't blame him at all, in fact if he hadn't of bought him down and he had scored people would of been moaning he didn't take one for the team.
We started really well and the fans were right behind the players. He’s a young lad who probably wanted nothing more in that moment than to chase back and win a highlight reel tackle and get a roar from the crowd.

Had he done it, this thread would have been buzzing (like it was after the Chelsea game). I’m very well aware that he didn’t, but the point is that we all know fine margins can decide a game. It’d be a shame if this guy’s career was defined by this one misjudgement.

Frank has a reputation of bringing youth through, and we’ve all seen something in this lad that suggests he could do alright with us, with the right coaching. Fingers crossed today will be a distant memory in a season or two when he’s keeping clean sheets a-plenty with Godfrey at the heart of our defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.