2021/22 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
These things happen, just a lot more to us recently, we've had a lot of red cards for innocuous stuff but this one was just a clumsy tangle of legs, not the day to do it on but he's not for fault to where we are and how desperate we are for points. Mina the old spaghetti legs has been a huge miss.

He's at fault for being 5 yards ahead of the striker in the opposition half though. The tangle of legs happens but doesnt happenif he does his job properly to begin with.

*Ignoring the whole penalty deabte 3 seconds earlier)

Lampard got cained for not playing him sooner - perhaps there was a reason i.e. lack of experience. I think Branthwaite has potential but when a manager sees a player train every day then...perhaps there is a justifiable reason

Think how many goals Keane has given away this season. The kid has just been thrown in, if he had a run of games maybe he could have been more switched on...not sure.

Branthwaite made the error of course but looked comfortable until then and good vs Chelsea.

He was in the photo with richarlisons shirt hanging off appealing for the penalty.

I think he was distracted by that and Toney took advantage.

Think how many goals Keane has given away this season. The kid has just been thrown in, if he had a run of games maybe he could have been more switched on...not sure.

Branthwaite made the error of course but looked comfortable until then and good vs Chelsea.

He was in the photo with richarlisons shirt hanging off appealing for the penalty.

Show me he needs game time, there’s a player in there, but the PL isn’t Carlisle. Sitting on the bench isn’t going to help him develop, Absolutely wrong for people to be writing him off

As mentioned I think Branthwaite has potential and I'm no fan of Keane in any way. But e.g., Keane was thrown in early on vs Leicester and didn't really put a foot wrong. He has made mistakes and I hope he's sold in the summer but he is at least experienced.

The lad was thrown on and appealing for a penalty rather than concentrating on his position and ensuring he's goal side before the clearance is even made. Why is a centre back appealing for a penalty 50 yards away? Inexperience. Harsh lesson to learn today and ultimately it cost the team in a big way.

Show me he needs game time, there’s a player in there, but the PL isn’t Carlisle. Sitting on the bench isn’t going to help him develop, Absolutely wrong for people to be writing him off
I don't think people are writing him off more that he will be brought along at the right time. I.e., pre season and next season.

As mentioned I think Branthwaite has potential and I'm no fan of Keane in any way. But e.g., Keane was thrown in early on vs Leicester and didn't really put a foot wrong. He has made mistakes and I hope he's sold in the summer but he is at least experienced.

The lad was thrown on and appealing for a penalty rather than concentrating on his position and ensuring he's goal side before the clearance is even made. Why is a centre back appealing for a penalty 50 yards away? Inexperience. Harsh lesson to learn today and ultimately it cost the team in a big way.

Hes made a mistake agreed.

But one thing to note, the defence were ALL appealing and Coleman and Holgate switched off as well.

Also, remember Keane came on into a deep defence...that moment today was when we were camped in their half.

Status
Not open for further replies.