2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me I've seen enough of Lampard now to say that if he manages to keep us up based on actually doing it by merit I would give him one more half season to give a chance. But if we go down he goes.

Or even if we stay up but only stay up because Burnley and Leeds fail to win then I think he should go. He's made too many mistakes. The latest of which the failure to capitalise on Watfords understrength side and then risking our safety on two tougher games at home.

I don't believe in his tactical abilities at all. You can still identify problems when you win matches and he was unable to from the Chelsea and Leicester games. So now we've gotten 1 point from the next 6 because the thing that wasn't always going to work stopped working.

For me I've seen enough of Lampard now to say that if he manages to keep us up based on actually doing it by merit I would give him one more half season to give a chance. But if we go down he goes.

Or even if we stay up but only stay up because Burnley and Leeds fail to win then I think he should go. He's made too many mistakes. The latest of which the failure to capitalise on Watfords understrength side and then risking our safety on two tougher games at home.

If we stay up, he should stay on regardless. Could definitely envisage a scenario in which we make a shocking start to next season and he's gone by November though. It'll be such a huge ask to turn this around. We are that bad.

He's not the right man going forward.

Im afraid with this squad not many will be.
Could reel off so many names but i think doucoure sums up our current state. He's a trier but the lack of quality is there for all to see. Thats pretty much the lot of them.
Even if we stay up by the skin of our teeth the same issues will be there unless we by some miracle get recruiting right. I personally think lampards getting effort out of them. But it only gets you so far. Lack of quality will find you out.

I don't believe in his tactical abilities at all. You can still identify problems when you win matches and he was unable to from the Chelsea and Leicester games. So now we've gotten 1 point from the next 6 because the thing that wasn't always going to work stopped working.
He's what he is a tactically naive manager of course he is he has what three seasons experience? The issue is how long he waits to change or to make subs sometimes for me. I like him but he isn't without flaw especially when players are dropping like flies.

He's what he is a tactically naive manager of course he is he has what three seasons experience? The issue is how long he waits to change or make subs sometimes for me. I like him but he isn't without flaw specific socially when players are dropping like flies.
We're basically asking him to learn on the fly and we don't have enough talent for him to get away with it.

If we stay up, he should stay on regardless. Could definitely envisage a scenario in which we make a shocking start to next season and he's gone by November though. It'll be such a huge ask to turn this around. We are that bad.

I think that's going to be the problem.

It reminds me of when Sherwood went in at Villa. Had experience here and there and then had good bounce at Villa before they limped over the line and got smashed by Arsenal in the cup final.

Then lost Vlaar, Delph and Benteke, brought some good players from France but who at the time were totally unsuited to the prem and he won 1 of first 12 games and was sacked end of October.

Most of them have massively underachieved this season but could easily line up start of next season with Mina-Keane-Allan-Calvert Lewin and possibly Richarlison all gone.

That's a lot of top level experience to lose in one go. I think Lampard's recruited to try to sign some top young players like the lad at Forest but danger is they don't hit the ground running and suddenly there's nothing to fall back on in terms of reliability at least.

Basically need to repeat the transfer window of 2017 at all costs.

Enough problem is Goodison won't be the bearpit it is now in August so players won't be as intense and that will probably be reflected in results.

Next season will be tough bar 4-5 transfers turning out really good. Hopefully likes of Fulham and Bournemouth will struggle to win a game up to xmas as they've done in the past but I think Fulham with Silva will be o.k this time (he'll certainly get them up for the two Everton games that's for sure).

Maybe mate but we have two games left we have to hope he gets it right or at least we fall over the line its pathetic though.
I'm looking ahead and even if the worst happens I'm just not really optimistic that he's going to do a whole lot better. I know people will go on about results, pragmatic, Yada yada yada but he reached that point as a result of his inability to make any progress the other way. And even now in games where the "pragmatic" thing to do is try to win he's too scared to. I don't like the signs.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.