2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Frank came in we were in 16th 4 points above the dropzone. We are in the same position in the table but the gap is down to two points. The mood and togetherness is improved but its not resulting in better results and more points.
Her can to a degree point to a very weak squad, but he also opted to sign Alli and DVB instead of the solid CB we were so desperately crying out for. An absolutely crazy decision we are paying dearly for atm.

He came in on last day of the window, bit hard to get any centre backs any good into a 16th place side in January with half a day of a window.

When Frank came in we were in 16th 4 points above the dropzone. We are in the same position in the table but the gap is down to two points. The mood and togetherness is improved but its not resulting in better results and more points.
Her can to a degree point to a very weak squad, but he also opted to sign Alli and DVB instead of the solid CB we were so desperately crying out for. An absolutely crazy decision we are paying dearly for atm.
Did he actually sign VDB and Alli? Not claiming he didn't but he had a few days to sign players. He got really be criticised in this capacity imo. A strength of bringing in Lampard was his ability to track better players like Vieira has done at Palace and Gerrard at Villa - provided we stay up we should really feel this benefit during the summer

Frank been in charge for 16 league games and got 17 points.

Benitez last 16 games got us 12 points.

Slight improvement but not the new manager bounce we wanted.

He came in on last day of the window, bit hard to get any centre backs any good into a 16th place side in January with half a day of a window.

Well I think he was aware of our interest several days before he was given the job. This team has a very weak core and it was quite easy to identify long before January.
It doesnt take a world beater to strengthen us. Someone like for example James Tomkins would add experience and keep Holgate one place further away from starting games.

Well I think he was aware of our interest several days before he was given the job. This team has a very weak core and it was quite easy to identify long before January.
It doesnt take a world beater to strengthen us. Someone like for example James Tomkins would add experience and keep Holgate one place further away from starting games.
Tomkins is a good centre half but rarely available due to an injury of some sort

That doesn't mean he was privy to the actual lack of quality in our team, he hadn't spent one training session with them, on paper he has an international backline. Weird thing to blame Lampard for.

What if we go down?
Is part of our problem chopping and changing?

If not Lampard, then who?
Rooney?
Who?
We have to quit changing managers, I think that's a big reason why we are in this mess. Frank understands what it means to be an Evertonian. Benetiz knew the city but Frank knows the club. He's still new to managing but I'm willing to give him a couple more seasons to allow him to grow as a manager and bring in players that fits him and his staffs vision. I trust Frank Lampard but I sure as hell don't trust the board to find out who they will hire to get us out of the Championship if that is where we end up next season.

We have to quit changing managers, I think that's a big reason why we are in this mess. Frank understands what it means to be an Evertonian. Benetiz knew the city but Frank knows the club. He's still new to managing but I'm willing to give him a couple more seasons to allow him to grow as a manager and bring in players that fits him and his staffs vision. I trust Frank Lampard but I sure as hell don't trust the board to find out who they will hire to get us out of the Championship if that is where we end up next season.

I don’t like chopping snd changing managers either but if a manager is woefully underperforming he has to go.

Koemsn, Silva, Benitez….Sam too….not one of those fellows was fired a moment before their time.

We can’t just hang on to demonstrably failing managers just for the sake of it.

Frank is nowhere near that position.

He has come on leaps and bounds since Spurs and Palace.

We would have been celebrating safety tonight but for the usual bad luck that dogs this club.

Hopefully we will clinch it on Thursday night and even we don’t, I can’t see Leeds winning at Bees.

Then let’s see what Frank can do with a clean slate next sesson.

COYBB ;)

Frank been in charge for 16 league games and got 17 points.

Benitez last 16 games got us 12 points.

Slight improvement but not the new manager bounce we wanted.

Beware the fabled “new manager bounce”.

Both Leeds and Burnley got good little spells with their new managers and seemed bound for safety but niw they are right back in the thick of it.

I don’t like chopping snd changing managers either but if a manager is woefully underperforming he has to go.

Koemsn, Silva, Benitez….Sam too….not one of those fellows was fired a moment before their time.

We can’t just hang on to demonstrably failing managers just for the sake of it.

Frank is nowhere near that position.

He has come on leaps and bounds since Spurs and Palace.

We would have been celebrating safety tonight but for the usual bad luck that dogs this club.

Hopefully we will clinch it on Thursday night and even we don’t, I can’t see Leeds winning at Bees.

Then let’s see what Frank can do with a clean slate next sesson.

COYBB ;)
I'm with you on that for sure, but what is that saying about the board making these appointments? Any normal person would be kicked to the curb in the real world if they got something so wrong time after time. ?

But yes, Frank is nowhere near that. He still has lots to learn but he has made improvements in my eyes.

Let's get it over with Thursday night. Goodison will be rocking and I believe they will help get us over the line.

UTFT!

I'm with you on that for sure, but what is that saying about the board making these appointments? Any normal person would be kicked to the curb in the real world if they got something so wrong time after time. ?

But yes, Frank is nowhere near that. He still has lots to learn but he has made improvements in my eyes.

Let's get it over with Thursday night. Goodison will be rocking and I believe they will help get us over the line.

UTFT!

Absolutely.

The overrating of Koeman…the illogical, mad pursuit of Marco…the crazy decision to appoint Benitez.

All those decisions lay with the Board…or more specifically Moshiri.

Status
Not open for further replies.